Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rx-7 ~ Cost

I can tell you that the driver is the most important part of the car. The best money spent is on track time and coaching!!!!!! That being said I can also tell you that the car is also important.
    I spent well over $30K developing my RX7. I started with a street car and had a no expenses spared race car built professionally. After 3 seasons we have finally worked the bugs and gremlins out!!!!!! Just in time for me to move to an SSC car to run nationals. I can tell you it would be better to BUY a WELL DEVELOPED car in GOOD condition and save yourself some aggrevation and money. To buy a cheaper car with possible issues is not the way to go.
    The money that you save by buying a GOOD car should then be spent on track time and coaching from a qualified coach!!!!!!!
    John Costello
    2009 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    2010 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    King Motorsports
    Hoosier Tire
    Chase Cam
    Redline Oil
    YEA YEA YEA......I sold out and now drive an SM and get schooled on a regular basis!

I won't beat a dead horse because I think you've gotten some good advice here. But I know of a 79 in excellent shape and only some patches of surface rust that would be a great starter car if anyone is interested. I'd buy it myself but I own seven different vehicles already. Comes with dual webers, etc. I can supply the needed carb and manifold.

Jim Susko
    [email protected]