Change A to C
    Change S to D
    Make the new Class E
    Change the current catch all from E to X or Z or what ever
    Then you could add:
    F for retitred T3 cars
    and G for T2
    and H for T1
    or what ever fancy strikes in years to come.

Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

I like a full re-numbering or lettering. Call that one ITA, ITS=ITB, ITA=ITC, etc or IT1, IT2, IT3, etc.

[/b]
    I'm with Bill.
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

It makes sense, but it's another hurdle to get over with the big bosses.

Of course, with T1, T2, T3, and GT1, GT2, etc, it does match the existing framework. Too bad we're expanding faster, so our faster class would be IT5...

Unless we name it IT1, and any future faster class is IT.5,....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake-

I don't agree with re-naming all the classes as that will be another hurdle, many issues...

While inexpensive for most re-lettering cars will get some complaints, Track records could be an issue, and while not the intent many people will probably view the re-naming as a major "regrouping" of the class wich I am sure will bring up even more issues. The list could go on and on, so my suggestion is to stick with ITR or some other "new" class name.

If you were going to re-name the classes personaly think that we should follow the production classing. EX: equivelant GP cars would be in ITG (in IT trim). I say this only because the next logical step for most it cars is production, however like I said before we should keep IT seperate and where it is now.

Raymond "Do we ever expect a class in the next 10 years above ITR? I doubt it so lets keep this as easy as possible" Blethen

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I agree w/ the people that don't want to rename the classes. I think that's just one more thing for someone to grab onto as a reason to shoot this down.

You'd be amazed how people will latch onto something, if only to use it as an excuse to object to an idea...

Adding an ITS class is one thing: Changing the designations is going to be construed by some as "restructuring the category" - a much tougher sell.

K

I agree that we need to keep the naming of the new class separate from any perceived restructuring of the existing classes by renaming them. However, looking forward a few years, what would we name a class that is faster than ITR - ITQ?. I can see the IT classes becomming a hodgepodge of letters. (ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITT...)

Let's look a little farther forward. Is this going to be the only 'new' IT class, or are there potentially one or more classes that might be created when it comes time to absorb more Touring cars into IT? Do presently classed Touring 1, Touring 2 or Touring 3 easily map into IT classes with the creation of one new IT class? If the answer is yes, then ITR is probably as good a choice as any. If there is a good probability of more classes, then IT1 might be the answer for the potentially fastest class, with IT2 being an option for later down the road. Then changing the existing IT classes is something that does not have to be done at this time, and if it were to be implemented, the proper thought process could be used.

Just my thougth. I can really live with whatever the group decides ( I'm easy, but who said IT racing was cheap!).
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

I'd say IT$ but I'm not sure how to pronounce it.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

[/b]
    Bill... that's PERFECT! Exactly what I was thinking...

I think I'd pronounce it "IT-Cha-Ching..." :119:

Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

I think I'd pronounce it "IT-Cha-Ching..." :119:
    [/b]
    Darin,

... I needed a good laugh today......

... Bravo old chap,

... Rick

[/b]
    How about, "The class formerly known as ITR" Then it'll be shortened to The Class, as in The Class to Be In

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

How about ITX... as in we "X"-cluded everyone else from seeing the discussion...

Sorry, it's just rubbing me wrong today...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Adding an ITS class is one thing: Changing the designations is going to be construed by some as "restructuring the category" - a much tougher sell.
    [/b]
    I don't buy it. That's silly. It's just a name.

OK, how about ITM (for money)?

Or ITF (for fast)? :P

Or ITO (for OH MY, that's a lot of money)?

I think worrying about naming is silly. Who really cares what it's called? Just make the sequence make sense.
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX

I though we all just like the pirate sounds we make when we speak the class. IT arrrrr!
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

How about ITX... as in we "X"-cluded everyone else from seeing the discussion... [/b]
    Just ask, Bill and I personally promise to share ANYTHING that we are talking about.

The point - if it helps at all to go over it again - is that it is hard enough coming to consensus with the limited number of heads currently involved, and that is what we are striving for. If everyone in the group is just a little dissatisfied with the result, then we will know we have something that (1) isn't overly representative of one narrow agenda, and (2) has been through the wringer sufficiently that it has a hope of passing muster with the CRB.

K

Just ask, Bill and I personally promise to share ANYTHING that we are talking about.

K
    [/b]
    Me too....

and for the record if anyone wants to bend my ear shoot me a PM and I'll send my phone number.

(Well, almost anyone...I'm not wasting my money on certain trolls that frequented the BMW thread, If you've called me a "loser" in any past thread on here or Bimmerforums, count yourself out, LOL..; ) )
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The point - if it helps at all to go over it again - is that it is hard enough coming to consensus with the limited number of heads currently involved, and that is what we are striving for. If everyone in the group is just a little dissatisfied with the result, then we will know we have something that (1) isn't overly representative of one narrow agenda, and (2) has been through the wringer sufficiently that it has a hope of passing muster with the CRB.

K
    [/b]
    Have a new appreciation for what the ITAC goes through?
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX

How about ITX... as in we "X"-cluded everyone else from seeing the discussion...

Sorry, it's just rubbing me wrong today... [/b]
    I have to admit, I had the same reaction when I first saw the "secret" room. I would think with all the past accusations of back-room deals and super-secret meetings this would be something we would want to keep out in the open.

Is there no option to make that forum "read only" for those without the password? I have no desire to contribute to the confusion (although I would be more than willing to help in any way I could), but I am very interested in what is conspir... I mean transpiring in there. (<---- note the big smilie face, that was a just a joke guys).
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

No problem Earl, we who are in there were all concerned about it. At the same time, it did need to be limited to a small group.

Read only works for me -- you&#39;ll laugh at the debates. The biggest issues we are having now are with the V8 ponies (legitimate, and "out") and the 928 (a fringe car, but one I have pushed in the face of some opposition). This stuff will probably bore you to tears.

The initial debate over defining the horsepower range I do wish others had the chance to read.

Again, read only sounds good to me. Kirk? Scott? Jake? Dick? George? Andy? Ron? Bill? That ok with you guys?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Makes me no nevermind, one way or t&#39;other. Except I think there might be some incentive to be more forthright in the small group, than might be the case in a completely public forum.

Like when I told Jake he was being loser.

K