Thread: Nelson Ledges Drivers School

Hello all,

I've been silently lurking on this site for a while now, but it's about time to introduce myself. I will be making the plunge into club racing this season, beginning with the Nelson Ledges school on May 13 -14. I will also be attending the test and tune day on May 12th, which will be the first time driving the car AND the track. I purchased Chris Efremidis' ITA CRX, who ran the past 4 seasons in Cendiv.

I've had the motorsports bug as long as I can remember, but it was reawakened in a big way when I got involved with Formula SAE in college. I ended up being the team captain and one of the drivers for the 1995 LTU team, where we finished 6th overall. I spent the next 6 years autocrossing a variety of cars, and getting some kart seat time. In 2002 I purchased an E30 M3, and ran 8-10 track days/schools per season for the last 4 years.

I work for Robert Bosch Corp as an application engineer on ABS and stability control, where I actually get paid to drive like an idiot. Vaughan Scott (ITB 924) sits a few desks away from me, as well as Alex MacDonald (ITA CRX) and Jan Rief (ITA Integra).

Anyway, the main reason for my post is to see if anyone has recommendations for lodging or any other helpful tips for a first timer to Nelson. I look forward to meeting and racing with you Cendiv guys…

Thanks,

Steve Sancricca
    ITA CRX

Steve,

The entry form will have a few listed places that are available for lodging. If you want something in detail, mail me at [email protected] and I will send it to you. Incidentally, my wife Karen Frieder is Registrar for the Driver School , and we have all this stuff at the house which I'll be glad to send.

Good racing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

Welcome!!

I like the Budget Lodge (330) 872-3833, but there are many choices.

The grounds at Nelson have really been transformed over the last couple years and they are outstanding.

Fastest 2.0 mile track around.

Hello all,

Anyway, the main reason for my post is to see if anyone has recommendations for lodging or any other helpful tips for a first timer to Nelson. I look forward to meeting and racing with you Cendiv guys…

Thanks,

Steve Sancricca
    ITA CRX [/b]
    The ITA record was set last year with me towing him around in my draft. 1.15:7. Can you believe it!! He never sent me any gas money!!!!!!!!!! I agree with the Budget or Comfort Inn, I think it across from Budget, if you want to be close to the track.

Best advice I can give you, don't over drive 13, everywhere else, stand on it! I'll be looking at your times.
    Oh, almost forgot, don't go off in the carousal, you'll see why. There are people they have still never found out there somewhere!

Thanks a bunch for the replies! Budget Inn sounds good, is this the closest hotel to the track?

DJ10 - thanks for the tips. I doubt my times will be very interesting though. I'll just be focusing on getting familiar with the car and making it through the school without incident.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this...

Steve

Thanks a bunch for the replies! Budget Inn sounds good, is this the closest hotel to the track?

DJ10 - thanks for the tips. I doubt my times will be very interesting though. I'll just be focusing on getting familiar with the car and making it through the school without incident.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this...

Steve
    [/b]
    Yes Steve, Budget & Comfort Inn are the clostest to Nelson's ........say about 8 - 10 miles. Oh if it rains, take stay outside even in the carousal, unless you have good rains then you can tighten up your lines. If you test cars, you'll pick it up quick.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up.

Steven,

The Registrar advised me that the list of Motels in the Nelson Ledges area was omitted from the Entry. I'm reprinting it here:

AREA HOTELS and MOTELS
    (All in Area Code 330)

Warren (15 miles)
    Best Western 392-2515
    Park Hotel 393-1200
    Scottish Inn 369-4100
    Hotel Regency 369-8824
    Avalon Inn 856-1900

Newton Falls (Turnpike Exit 14) (10 miles)
    Rodeway Inn 872-0988
    Budget Motel 872-3833

Niles (20 miles)
    Econo Lodge 544-1301
    Park Inn Int'l. 652-1761

Girard (25-30 miles)
    Days Inn 759-3410
    Econo Lodge 759-9820
    Holiday Inn 759-3850

Good rac ing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder