Thread: Fuel Cell choices for Rabbit/Scirocco

I'm thinking custom bladder using stock steel tank as the metal enclosure. I guess the filler could be either at the stock point or where the level-sensor mounts. I'd probably use a low-pressure transfer pump inside the cell. Has anyone done it this way? Do any of the fuel cell manufacturers already have this mold?
    2006 NARRC ITC, 1ST
    2006 NERRC ITC, 1ST
    2000 NERRC ITB, 3RD

BUGCITY -- RANCO Collision -- FlameTheHorse -- Shine Racing Service

Eric,

I think you'be better off fabricating a new can, that approximates the dimensions of a stock tank, and mounting it in the same place. You could probably plumb up the stock filler neck if you wanted to. I would think it might be a pain to make this work w/ a stock tank as the can.

I'm thinking custom bladder using stock steel tank as the metal enclosure. I guess the filler could be either at the stock point or where the level-sensor mounts. I'd probably use a low-pressure transfer pump inside the cell. Has anyone done it this way? Do any of the fuel cell manufacturers already have this mold?
    [/b]
    Eric,

Stu at BSI had a really trick cell made by ATL that bolted into the stock location, had internal baffles/surge tank system with an internal pump. He had this made for the GP Scirocco he built for Jim Anderson. Cost him about $1200 IIRC.

Call Stu, I'm sure he can help you.

MC
    Mark Coffin
    #14 FP VW Scirocco
    Former ITC roustabout...