Doc Bro,

Got the E Prod Z3 on the track last weekend. Some info for you:

Running the engine underprepped. Mods are: underdrive pulley on alternator, removed power steering pump, boosted fuel pressure to 60 psi, Electromotive Tech 3r with MAP sensor instead of MAF sensor, premium unleaded pump gas, K&N cone. Car made 160.9 hp/144 ft.lbs. at the wheels. Torque curve very flat, minimum was 123. The DISA valve is only adding about 1 hp at its optimum, which was found and set to switch at 5000 rpm. Apparently the advantage is in part throttle operation, but I was surprised at the low 1 hp yield nonetheless.

Exhaust is stock with cat, just not using the post-cat O2 sensor, with a pretty quiet performance muffler from the car's SSB days. Running that setup just because I didn't have time to change it.

I would be interested in the exhaust data that you have accumulated. I need to get the cat and muffler off, even if it doesn't make that much more hp until I develop the motor, just to get a little more weight off the car.

Email me at [email protected]. I'll be happy to send photos and any other info that might be useful to you in IT, or maybe I can talk you into going Prod. The car is a blast and easy to drive.

Regards,

Joe Gilmore