Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it IRP time yet?

This off season has been rough and I'm counting down the days until we start up again. So, that being said, who's planning on going to IRP in May?

I will be there in my ITA Integra. I have also talked with all of these guys and they're all planning on being there: Ian Green in his ITA CRX Si, Matt Downing in his ITA Civic EX, and Scott Lunder in his ITA Civic Si. Only 6.5 weeks left, but who's counting?

I still need to add about 25lbs to my Integra before then. It'll all be in additional rollcage!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I'm counting, trust me. Half of me says that's too long and the other half says how am I gonna get all this stuff done.
    Ugh, all these frickin Hondas.......

Here's a small part of the Supps which will be in the mail by then end of this week:

SCHEDULE
    Times subject to change by SOM
    REGISTRATION HOURS
    Friday………………………………..............4:00p-9:00p
    Saturday……………………………...............7:15a-10:30a
    Saturday PM (for Sunday Races)……………3:00p-6:00p
    Sunday……………………………………….7:15a-10:30a
    TECH HOURS
    Friday……………………………………….4:30p-9:30p
    Saturday AM………………………………..7:15a-11:30a
    Saturday PM (NO Annual Tech)……............3:30p-6:00p
    Sunday………………………………............7:15a-10:30a
    Scales ……………………………………8:00a-11:00a
    SATURDAY & SUNDAY On-Track Schedule
    Begin 25 Minute Qualifying, Groups 1 thru 5 ……..8:00a
    Followed by Race 1 before lunch (15 Laps)
    Followed by lunch (1 hour)
    Followed by Races for Groups 2 thru 5 (15 Laps)
    Followed by our Special Feature Race (Sat only)
    The Party (Sat only)……………………… ……... 6:00p

IRP Gates Open at 7:00am on Saturday & Sunday.
    Track Closes at 10:00pm Friday & Saturday, 7:00pm Sunday.
    NO Racing Engines After 8:00pm.

Indianapolis Raceway Park’s
    OPEN TEST DAY
    Friday, May 5, 2006
    Contact IRP @ 317-291-4090
    This is an IRP event that is not sanctioned by the SCCA

RACE GROUPS:
    Group 1 SM, ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC, GP, HP
    Group 2 ITE, GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, GT1, GT2, T1, T2, SP
    Group 3 ITS, ITA, BG, T3, SPU, EP, FP, GTL
    Group 4 FA, FM, FS, FC, CFC, FF,S2, ASR, CSR, DSR
    Group 5 SRF, CFF, FV, F5, FST

EVENT FEES
    DEADLINE TO AVOID $25 LATE ENTRY FEE IS MAY 1
    DEADLINE TO AVOID $50 CANCELATION FEE IS MAY 5
    One Regional Only $ 200
    Both Regionals – One Car/One Driver $ 250
    Both Regionals – One Car/Two Drivers $ 300
    Both Regionals – Two Classes, One Car/One Driver $ 350
    Late Entry Fee - add if postmarked after May 1 $ 25
    Compliance Fee (SR, FSCCA, SCCASR - Each Race) $ 10
    Saturday Evening Party Donation (Voluntary) $ 10
    Late Cancellation Fee $ 50
    NSF Check Fee $ 50

And for everyone's Saturday afternoon entertainment:Special Feature Event
    1. On Saturday there will be a Special Feature Event - The Miata Mayhem Dash for Dollars. This event will be open to SM cars only. It is not a points event for any series
    2. To enter, sign up at Driver Information. Entry fee will be $20, ALL of which will go into the purse, along with additional funds to be determined by the Race Chairmen. Minimum purse will be $500.
    3. Purse Distribution: 30% to First Place, 20% to Second place, 10% to Third Place, 20% to Most Improved Position , 20% as Hard Luck Award. Most Improved Award will go to the driver who improves most upon his starting position (tiebreaker will be highest finish). Hard Luck Award to be determined by the Race Chairmen and Operating Stewards. Payout will be in cash after the event. Top three finishers will also receive Champaign, podium photo session, and winner will have their own umbrella girl (or guy if requested) prior to the Sunday Race.
    4. Race will be 15 laps. Starting positions will be determined by the fastest single lap turned in either practice or race on Saturday (running as either SM or ITA)

Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Not me. See you at Grattan.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Thanks for all of the info, Steve. It's always pleasing to see that I haven't been classed with SM.

Marty, it looks like we may have the ITC Civic, the ITA Integra, and the ITS Prelude at Grattan. :119: You actually might be seeing much more of the Prelude this year as we've picked up an additional team member who will be driving it. It'll just be me at IRP though.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Thanks for all of the info, Steve. It's always pleasing to see that I haven't been classed with SM.
    [/b]
    Hey, feel free to bring that little orange ITC car over instead instead of the big ITA one!

Hey, feel free to bring that little orange ITC car over instead instead of the big ITA one!

[/b]
    It's not nearly as much fun to drive! Besides, I feel the need to knock a couple more tenths off of that record.

So, a SM dash for cash, huh? That should be interesting. I also hope we'll be treated to some Saturday night roundy-round action too - beer goes down remarkably quick when watching that stuff.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

We have been told that there will be NOTHING on the oval that weekend. Sorry, but that's the way we need it to be. It's bad enough when they run the roundy-rounds on Saturday night as it puts delays in our afternoon schedule when we have to hold for groups of the oval racers to enter the oval. And last years Indy-car ride-along cr@p was even worse (we dodged a bullet with getting our race group moved to Sunday morning - I know I didn't want to come out of 15 on to that snot-slick front strech). Don't get me wrong, I love the oval and have spent a lot of time down on the turn 1 hill (for many years before I even knew about SCCA), but the facility is simply not designed to accomodate multi-use when the road course is involved.

If you think the SM Dash is interesting, wait till you hear what we have planned for the Oct. race weekend. It's a type of specialty race that last run about 10 or 15 years for all closed wheel cars. Very entertaining.

And last years Indy-car ride-along cr@p was even worse (we dodged a bullet with getting our race group moved to Sunday morning - I know I didn't want to come out of 15 on to that snot-slick front strech).[/b]
    A yes, I remember this. That was a pain - we sat there hopeless in our cars while a storm was rolling in. I seriously don't think I would've raced if they made us with that storm.

Originally posted by 'Racerlinn' date='Mar 23 2006@ 01:26 PM' post='77589'
    If you think the SM Dash is interesting, wait till you hear what we have planned for the Oct. race weekend. It's a type of specialty race that last run about 10 or 15 years for all closed wheel cars. Very entertaining.
    Awesome. Make it something good since I haven't decided if I want to go to that weekend or not yet.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Indianapolis Raceway Park’s
    OPEN TEST DAY
    Friday, May 5, 2006
    Contact IRP @ 317-291-4090
    This is an IRP event that is not sanctioned by the SCCA
    [/b]
    Sweet. I'll have to call about that. Then I can break the engine in before qualifying. And get a idea of the course!

Kevin, we should probably "share" your trailer since your dad isn't going. Do you want to go to the Friday tets day also if its resonably priced?
    Ian

Kevin, we should probably "share" your trailer since your dad isn't going. Do you want to go to the Friday tets day also if its resonably priced?
    [/b]
    Yea, I agree on us just taking my trailer. I wouldn't need the test day for any reason but pending my ability to take the day off of work, I'd probably be willing to go over early.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Sweet. I'll have to call about that. Then I can break the engine in before qualifying. And get a idea of the course!
    [/b]
    Ian, I will be happy to show you the wrong way around the course and help break your engine....

[/b]
    Is this going to be like the handicap race Indy region used to put on? Damm, I am going to have to make that one. Imagine 30-40 cars handicaped so that potentially they would all finish a 10 lap race at exactly the same time. The field starts out spread WAAAAAAYYYY out and compresses as the race progresses, instead of the other way around! Hold your breath while the GT1 cars all try to pass the rest of the field on drag strip on the last lap!!!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

^^^ I'M IN!!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Have a deal to drive an SM car that weekend. My car is still in storage somewhere. Where did I leave it?

There is an open track day at IRP on April 20th. It's supposed to be an RX-7 gathering but there are always different marks. $250 for the day. Here is the guy's contact info.

[email protected]
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Is this going to be like the handicap race Indy region used to put on? Damm, I am going to have to make that one. Imagine 30-40 cars handicaped so that potentially they would all finish a 10 lap race at exactly the same time. The field starts out spread WAAAAAAYYYY out and compresses as the race progresses, instead of the other way around! Hold your breath while the GT1 cars all try to pass the rest of the field on drag strip on the last lap!!!!!!!
    [/b]

(In best dead-pan voice)
    I have no idea what you are talking about Bill......

(we need a wink-wink smilie)

Have a deal to drive an SM car that weekend. My car is still in storage somewhere. Where did I leave it?
    [/b]
    Well, there's one less ITS car I don't have to watch out for!

Steve, two quick questions.

1 - IRP will be on CST, right? I can never remember.

2 - Have there been any more improvements to the track on top of what was already there last May?

Only 40 days to go.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

We have finally been able to pull central Indiana out of the stone-age and we will be observing Daylight Savings Time, so we will be on EST, not CST.
    Unfortunately no additional track improvements since the July race (that I am aware of - haven't been out since last fall). There were patches improved at several apexes between May and July.
    New carpeting in the T&S building

I'll be there - first race...hopefully ! taking drivers school @ Blackhawk April 20-23. Car is 99.9 % done. Waiting on my shocks and struts from BSI. I've been attending races at IRP since the mid-sixtys when USAC stocks ran the road course. Can't wait
    Dennis
    Indianapolis

Hey Dennis,

So I'm on my own if I go to St. Louis that weekend ?? Make sure you have some extra tape to put that big ol' X on the side of your ride !!!!! Watch out for the dip on the back straight near the oval........ That SM Dash for Cash sounds interesting, maybe I'll come down and check it out.

Only a few weeks till school.
    Milwaukee Region
    Member 289368
    #09 HP VW Golf