Kevin, sorry, just now reading this, did you ask me the favor?

Thanks to all that came out and raced. Great to see everyone.

Kevin's car is faster than ever and the son-of-a-gun not only won the ITA races both days but managed a new track record even though he backed the car into the T9 tirewall during Sunday's race! Needless to say the corner workers awarded him the hard charger award on Sunday.

There should be a whole lot of pictures posted up on the indyscca.org website by weeks end.
[/b]
It all got sorted out so don't worry about it. I couldn't find my SCCA membership/license upon leaving Friday morning and just needed someone who had access to a fax machine that could accept a fax from the SCCA offices showing that I was legal to race. Luckily during the test day on Friday, I was able to get a really nice lady in the IRP main office to help me out. She waited for my fax, called me to tell me she got it, and I went over and picked it up.

Old record: 1:50.5 (mine from last year)
New record: 1:49.3

The video of me backing into the tirewall is pretty good. That was a heck of a hit and I'm shocked that it didn't do any real damage to my car. Luckily I still had 12 laps to make my way back up through the field. I'm still kicking myself though for making a couple of stupid, mental mistakes this weekend. I blame the six month off season. :P I loved how the girl handing out the awards Sunday afternoon awarded me the Hard Charger Award. "Yea, and you won the Hard Charger Award too. Apparently you qualified on the poll, ran hard into a tirewall, had the whole field pass you, and still came back to win."

But once again, more awesome weather at this event, a good dinner Saturday night, and some of the best trophy's of any race, anywhere. I really don't know why more people don't do this event.