Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SARRC double at CMP April 1,2 - who's going?

I will be there, but just to pick up some stuff. The Fiesta should see the track at Savanah in later April.It's only been broken for three years.

Russ
    Russ

Not sure, but it looks like the Pharrs might have two Z cars- 61 and 63. David Plott's yellow Z and mine round out the Z car contingent. Some fast Mazdas, a pair of 944's, a stealth Triumph, and an MR2 fill out ITS. Overall it looks to be a great race weekend.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Well Guys,

.... I was really hoping to make it but I just can't get 99 fixed in time. I pretty much destroyed the front clip from the firewall forward. I have managed to strip the donor car and remove the front clip. And have 99 on the frame machine with the front clip stripped and ready to pull.
    .... I have repaired the front frame rails and aprons four times before, so I guess it was time for it to get replaced. She took a hard hit at VIR, and as far as the safety protection built into the car from the factory, it more than did it's job.
    .... I want to thank John Lindquist for accepting my apology, and for understanding that we (as racers) make mistakes, but, we should also make amends.

... Hope to see you all at Roebling Road,

... Rick Thompson

Rick... Sorry to hear about your car. I know you'll fix it better than before. That's bad news for the competition! (Maybe for some of us slow ITS guys, too)

Steve
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

The car's prepped and I have an extra set of brake pads in hand. I'll load up tonight and head out tomorrow night to be there for the practice day friday (there is practice on friday, right?).

I've got the write-up on CMP from Sports Car and I'll check out the videos on Spec Miata. Anybody want to give some pointers on driving an IT car around the track?

See ya out there.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

20 cars in Saturdays Group 3 race (ITS/IT7/ITA).
    Steve Eckerich won, Kent Thompson was 2nd - well ahead of the rest of the pack. Both in RX7's. We qualified 9th, then spun racing for 6th. We ended up 9th. I loosened up the car a little for the race. I guess it was too much...

Looking forward to tomorrows races!
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54