Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Del Sol VTEC - Please Contact me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Once again, thanks for the hard work, Andy.

Richard Walke is real fast in that RX-7 and I wouldn't expect any ITS Del Sol to be anywhere close to being able to compete with him at Blackhawk. I'd like to know though, who was driving the Miata's?

In their defense, Tony Coello in his SM actually beat my once in my ITA Integra at Road America (a huuuuge power track!). Granted it's a phenomenal driver on his home track, but holy crap, that's moving!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Thanks andy. Actually I have posted two letters to the CRB.

The first was sent two weeks ago is to request taking the DelSol back to 2360 because the change does not conform to the CGR 2006 Section 17.1.4 C. This section requires (to paraphrase) changes after the fourth year "for restoring equity in the vehicle's class" to be based on "actual racing performance". When my weight was changed, my car was in its fifth year of classification. To the best of my eforts, I have found no '95 Del Sol "actual racing performance" for a justifying a competitive adjustment to restore "equity". Given this. I believe this change does not conform to Section 17.1.4 C requirements and that the committee is well justified to restore the weight to 2360.

The second letter which I sent last night is to request that weight subtractors be given the Del Sol to bring it back to 2360 based upon subtractors for torque, FWD weight balance, and brake size compared to typical front running cars in the class. This letter was based upon various observations in this string.

I believe both positions are valid and am looking forward to an affirmative reply to the committee.

As a comment, I don't believe that my first letter affects any car other than the ITS 94-95 Del Sol as its these are the only ITS cars I could find that are non competitive while having a weight add and being more than 4 years old. As to the second letter, I would encourage all cars having similar metrics (Torque, FWD, Brakes) such as Civic Si '99 and Integra's to send in your own comments ASAP to the committee so they can be discussed at the same time.

regards
    bob

I believe both positions are valid and am looking forward to an affirmative reply to the committee.

regards
    bob
    [/b]
    The 1st letter you sent has been reviewed by the ITAC and will receive a 'thank you for your input'. The ITAC and CRB do not agree with your position on the 'illegality' of the moves. Explanations why have been posted in this thread.

I hope to see the 'adders' modified. Getting back to EXACTLY 2360 won't happen, but it will certainly be much closer to that than the current weight if the process is modified for ITS/FWDers. I think the proposal I did makes a lot of sense and hope the ITAC does too.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967