Andy, I'm fine with quoting Anthony as we can all agree that he is one of the foremost experts on IT Honda engine builds. But if you want to quote him, make sure to quote everything he had to say on the subject.

My point is that if you want to base the competitive potential of the VTEC cars based on what you quoted, look at everything that "arguably one of the top Honda/Acura guys around" had to say about it. Right there is the peak power he's ever seen, the cost it took to do it, and still yet a plee to give the car a weight break since the ARRC would still be "another story".

The Del Sol is the same story and maybe even more so since you're never even going to see over about 115lb-ft at the wheel in one of those things. There's a reason why the B16A has become famously coined "the torqueless wonder". [/b]
Kevin,

What I quoted was what he stated as 'fact'. His suggestion that 2500 is the right weight is pure conjecture and, frankly, is rediculous IMHO. Why would I quote that? What if he said 2300lbs? It isn't relevant. Understand also that that car that came in STARTED at 185whp and he found 10whp. Let's just use 190whp as a conservative number to bounce around based on Serra's first-hand account.

Weight to WHP:

GSR: 2500 (suggested) / 190 = 13.1
RX-7: 2680 / 182 = 14.9

Huh?

Using the weight setting process, and his numbers, the cars base weight before 'adders' would be 2883. I think it's fair to say that a 200lb reduction is resonable for FWD and 'small' brakes.

And cost doesn't factor. You have to class based on a cars potential - period. And we aren't trying to class cars based on the "ARRC" either. Look at the cluster-f the Prod community is in every year when requests come in based on 'my drive at Mid-Ohio'. No way.

Again, I understand the issues but this is not an exact science and I suspect that the real beef may be with what to take off for FWD given a RWD dominated class (or conversly how much to add for RWD given a FWD dominated class). And when I say dominated, I don't mean results, I mean cars classed in the ITCS.

Let me ask a serious question: Why is there no beef in the ITA world with the Teg and the 240SX? They weigh effectly the same, the 240 has huge torque and RWD, they make about the same hp - yet the cars stack up on the track. I suspect it's because the ITA Teg's have been fully developed where the ITS cars have not. (Again, leave the E36 out of the equation from a spec persective)

AB