Thread: Moving to Connecticut

So it looks like a change in jobs means I'll be moving to Conneticut, specifically the Hartford area. I know there are a couple of IT regulars up in that area, hopefully you aren't all thinking "there goes the neighborhood." For those of you living up that way (Windsor Locks, CT) any advice you have for someone new to the area would be appreciated. It will be nice to back in NER which is where I started with SCCA. Now the biggest challenge for me is finding a place up there to put the race car and all the shop equipment. Anbody know of a small house with a large garage for sale? A lift would be optional.

One other good thing is it puts me a few more miles away from the grass skirt wearing VW guy with questionable taste in paint jobs. Sorry Matt I couldn't resist. But I will still be making the trip down to SP, the track and the ITA pack is too much fun to stay away from. And it looks like I'll be making some trips to NHIS and maybe even Lime Rock. It's actually close enough that the cheap towing bill might help offset the entry fee.

Oh, and I took it as a good sign that the same day I got the job offer is the same day NER announced the site for the new track. A track that is only 25 miles from my new job. If that wasn't a sign from the racing gods to take the job I don't know what is. Now I just hope the track gets built.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Matt: Good luck in CT. Wish we could get together before you have to leave. Otherwise, I'll just have to make a trip over to SP (but i really need a good excuse to get there!).
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Congradulations Matt. Sounds like the move is a very positive thing for you. I wish you luck in finding a small house with a big barn to keep your stuff. Consider it a lucky charm, you wont have to worry about lapping me this season.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Matt - I live about 20 mins from Hartford and can give you a hand finding a location to live. email me and we can exchange phone #'s.
    Jeremy Billiel

yay!!! welcome back!!!

Now all i need to do is convince you to go to ITB, then we can have some real fun!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Matt. I am about 20 minutes north of you 1 mile over the mass line. if there is any help I can be in the transition let me know. Greg A in also in the area.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

And ex ITA guy Dave Gran is right near hartford, and ITA RX-7 driver Grant McStay is close. as is "Flower Shop Dave" another ITA guy. I'm a bit south in lower CT nearer NYC. Trust me, $$$$ wise you will find the area easier to find a home for the racecar in. LOL

Anyway, we'll save you a paddock spot.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Matt,
    Welcome to CT. I live about 20 minutes south of Hartford. Plenty of people in the area to get into trouble with..........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I remember a friend of mine who when he went to buy his first house went to a real estate agent and said that he wanted a three car garage with a house attached!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

by the way matt,
    what is your timeframe
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Everyone, thanks for all of the support.

Dick, the job starts in early April so I have a feeling I'm going to be living in an apartment for a little while until I can find someplace suitable. Fortunately I have a place to keep the race car and all of the equipment, it is just going to make it harder to finish getting ready for race season.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv