Thread: April SIR ruling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

but Andy... The bottom line is...I though we were limiting output to 180 rwhp...??? Are you contending that he will, by re-tune, (not supposed to be necessary with the magical SIR) get 180 rwhp???

Originally...post after post stated that the not-full-effort cars...ie those with 180 rwhp "would not be affected"...what we are seeing here is that one of these aforementioned cars IS being affected to the tune of 20 rwhp by the invisible SIR.

[/b]
    I am not contending anything. I have said this now, what, 3 times...the SIR did NOT work as billed from Raetech on that front. This error - and it's effect on under-prepped cars WAS a factor in the decision making process of the CRB.

Proponents of the SIR will be quick to point out that going to 3200lbs on a 180whp effort (when 205-210 is out there) would have an equally devistating effect. To which those who have spent the money to get to 'full-prep' would tell you to bend someone elses ear as that is what it takes to run up front.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy... Sorry you had to answer that 4 times or whatever...but...I hadn't read the whole thread here...I responded after reading the thread on BF.

Bottom line is...this is just plain wrong. Why couldn't the SIR that Joe H. and Mr. Finch are so fond, of be implemented at the necessary size to ensure that 180 rwhp was the "untouched" magical number?

35mm only cost 4-5hp...so...

What did 30...31...32...33..34mm do???

Sounds like 31mm might have been more appropriate.

First the ITAC/CRB thought that NO TESTING was needed...the pure science of the SIR would shine thru...remember.

Then testing was needed because troubling dynos popped up...so they tested.

Now...it is shown that the SIR IS NOT invisible to moderate-prep motors.

Is there not a size that works as advertised...period???

I am not contending anything. I have said this now, what, 3 times...the SIR did NOT work as billed from Raetech on that front. This error - and it's effect on under-prepped cars WAS a factor in the decision making process of the CRB.

Proponents of the SIR will be quick to point out that going to 3200lbs on a 180whp effort (when 205-210 is out there) would have an equally devistating effect. To which those who have spent the money to get to 'full-prep' would tell you to bend someone elses ear as that is what it takes to run up front.

AB
    [/b]
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Andy... Sorry you had to answer that 4 times or whatever...but...I hadn't read the whole thread here...I responded after reading the thread on BF.

Bottom line is...this is just plain wrong. Why couldn't the SIR that Joe H. and Mr. Finch are so fond, of be implemented at the necessary size to ensure that 180 rwhp was the "untouched" magical number?

35mm only cost 4-5hp...so...

What did 30...31...32...33..34mm do???

Sounds like 31mm might have been more appropriate.

First the ITAC/CRB thought that NO TESTING was needed...the pure science of the SIR would shine thru...remember.

Then testing was needed because troubling dynos popped up...so they tested.

Now...it is shown that the SIR IS NOT invisible to moderate-prep motors.

Is there not a size that works as advertised...period???
    [/b]
    Yeah, and some of the ITAC folks & their defenders wonder why many of the rest of us think this is arbitrary, capricious, ill-conceived, fact-free, and stinky?

How is it a fact?

s
    [/b]
    Steve, please use your head. How is it not?

If I built E36 ITS cars, as a side business or as my primary business, and then played a direct role in rules which made RX-7's less competitive (and by doing so, the E36 became more competitive), don't you think I'd be viewed the same way?

Sheesh...COME ON!

If I built E36 ITS cars, as a side business or as my primary business, and then played a direct role in rules which made RX-7's less competitive (and by doing so, the E36 became more competitive), don't you think I'd be viewed the same way?

Sheesh...COME ON!
    [/b]
    That's what you're missing. They don't build RX7's as a side business or primary business. I know him and the guys personally. Know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

s

How about a personal attack then so you know the difference?

I guess you also subscribe to Bill Clinton's defense of "what is sexual relations"? LOL

[/b]
    I have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

s

That's what you're missing. They don't build RX7's as a side business or primary business. I know him and the guys personally. Know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

s
    [/b]

Um...Steve? News flash: on the BF thread to which Andy referred several posts ago, he specifially ADMITTED that he built, prepared, and sold RX-7's.

Oh, and please drop the bitter vindictive act. I do not believe my posts have merited your last sentence directed at me.

Um...Steve? News flash: on the BF thread to which Andy referred several posts ago, he specifially ADMITTED that he built, prepared, and sold RX-7's.
    [/b]
    Yeah, they have. But it's not there business. They have sold, built, and prepared RX7's, not necessarily as a business venture. If the 3 cars they have sold and the other handful they may have worked on count as primary business that causes a vested interest that you're talking about then you're splitting hairs. I'll let Andy explain more, but if you did actually know the whole picture you would realize what you said sounded stupid.

Oh, and please drop the bitter vindictive act. I do not believe my posts have merited your last sentence directed at me.[/b]
    I'll stick by what I said. If you wanna be sarcastic and make accusations about people then know what you're talking about first. And if you don't be prepared to be called on it.

s

Yeah, they have. But it's not there business. They have sold, built, and prepared RX7's, not necessarily as a business venture. If the 3 cars they have sold and the other handful they may have worked on count as primary business that causes a vested interest that you're talking about then you're splitting hairs. I'll let Andy explain more, but if you did actually know the whole picture you would realize what you said sounded stupid.
    I'll stick by what I said. If you wanna be sarcastic and make accusations about people then know what you're talking about first. And if you don't be prepared to be called on it.

s
    [/b]

Wow, you sure sound all butch & tough. LOL.

Come on, man, grow up.

I said that many think that there is an appearance of favoritism related to his side business. This is 100% true. I made NO accusations.

Perhaps you should do a little introspection as to why you are so over-reacting and offensively brittle?