I guess I am a purist - I like the vintage look of the latchlink. Also, I used a car at the Mid-Ohio School that had camlocks with a release lever on the bottom. At the end of the school, I noticed that I had bloodied one of my thumbs on the latch - being in the center and at the closest point to the steering wheel. I guess better adjustment of the seat could have prevented that, but still made me leary of them.

But that's what makes a horse race - use what if comfortable physically and mentally! Price can be a wash if you shop (approx. $30-40 per year for either cam or latch). And I can see where the cams can be easier to latch since you attach one strap/belt at a time. But my latchlink belts are double adjustable (rough adjustments at the mounting points, fine adjustments at the latch). Also, (and I may be wrong here) with only one locking point at the bottom for the submarine strap, you would have to have both straps for the 6-point and the the strap for the 5-point attaached to the same plate that goes in the lock. Anybody see a 7-point camlock yet?