The ITA car I purchased came with one of those bundle of snake headers and a three inch exhaust. The exhaust currently looks like it very well could have been on the car when Bob Stretch last owned it in 1997. I am not sure the bundle of snakes is worth all the hassle (steering linkage wore through a primary and HAVE to heat shield the master cylinder due to primary proximity) getting the dang thing in and out of the car.

Before I bought the built car, I was going to build my own and had picked up an S&S 4-1 (with emissions bungs) and a 2 1/2" 'tuner' exhaust with 'test' pipe (cat cutout).

3" just always sounded big to me for ~175 hp four banger that was not meant to wring the last rpm out of anyway. I do see that in the more distant past 3" was bantered about more than others, but more recent posting seem to indicate 2 1/2" has gained in popularity.

I guess my question for discussion comes down to is should I build another 3" exhaust or maybe go with the S&S header - 2 1/2" exhaust I already have.

Also tired of having to get the trailer in just the right geometry not to rip the exhaust or the trailer floor when loading.

Thoughts?