the tranny and sort of toward the front. I hope it is something
    stupid like the speedo gear/housing leaking, but it is on top
    and not likely to leak.

Getting ready to go out and run it in again and sync carbs. I
    will look at it and see what it is doing but I think it has to be:

*Front seal of tranny

*Speedo housing

*Tranny case since it splits in a couple of places

If the front seal I hope it didn't oil the damn clutch down, but I'm not lucky that way.

Jeff uses the "On Trailer at 11pm Day Before Race", and then drive there. My first "race trip"
    involved bleeding the TR8 clutch, replacing it, fixing a header, doing some other shit
    then loading it on the car to tow 5.5 hours to Roebling, after Jeff lost his wallent and keys. Two hours sleep, out to the track with some ill brakes.

I'm trying to break him of that habit.

He sounds like my kind of guy...we will get along great,

Betcha overfilled the darn thing!

Now get out there and sync those carbs, and don't let anything get in your way. If you aren't sleeping on the grid, you didn't struggle enough!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Glad we could provide some entertainment for you folks! Seriously, we appreciate the support and help.[/b]
    :P :figo:

From all us lurkers out there.

Alright, SOMEBODY over filled the transmission. And, that was me! I think I filled it on its side once draining the entire thing. I think some weeks passed and then I filled it again with 1.5 L of fluid. So, today when I finally got it up on jack stands and pulled the side plug - whoosh - out comes a lot of tranny fluid. Now the garage has a wonderful new smell that didn't come out of Jeff's dog's ass.

It appears the transmission was throwing oil out the vent and the speedo plug, which it located on the top of the transmission.

Soooooo, looks like we'll be okay and off to the alignment man tomorrow.

I did get the carbs adjusted and synced up and the car has a mean sound. Pretty loud, ticks over smoothly at 800 RPM, but has a distinctive lope to it that is very audable with the open exhaust. The stock JHs you can barely hear it but they have a a big muffler and a pre-silencer, not to mention a crappy exhaust manifold.

So, unless something else goes wrong we'll be on for Roebling!

From a fellow british car driver go give them hell. When is Jeff taking the TR8 out?

Hell yeah! Then you can write a big check to us, I mean JensenWorld, and we'll build you one.

They come in one color, white, and one type, non-running.
    [/b]
    We're going to market kits too, probably about $20,000 USD and that includes the car. You supply labor. All kits will include:

*Some of the pieces needed to build the car, whichever ones we can round up at time of shipping (you'll become intimately familar with this method of doing business with Delta Motorsports - the only Jensen supplier, and they ship when they get good and damn ready). Assembly instructions not included.

* A number for Malcolm, who reconditions Jensen parts. You can't see Malcom, you simply leave the parts and check in the Yellow Bus on the property. When the parts are done they will be back in the bus for you to pickup (this is very true - I changed his name but this is how you get shit like steering racks and shafts, and other hard to fix bits). Don't make Malcom angry or disagree with him - he's forgotten more than you ever need to know about British iron and you have a life to live. Simply collect your parts and move along.

* 1.5 year supply of beer for you and your best buddy. Actually, this is where most of your $20,000 is going - you'll need A LOT of PBR and Miller to finish this project and we know exactly how much.

Batteries not included.

Andy, both the Triumph and the Jensen will run at Roebling this weekend. Brakes, sorted. Suspension, mostly sorted. Have a ratty exhaust, but I can't get everything done. I'll e-mail you with how we did.

P.S. -- the 157 whp on the dyno was done with one of the pistons in the carburetor turned 45 degrees from where it should have been. I'm surprised it ran much less made that kind of power.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Good luck. I will run in a few weeks. What did you do about brakes for the 8

Replaced everything bascially. Master cylinder, rebuilt calipers, new rotors and pads, new shoes, new wheel cylinders. Have a nice firm pedal, better than in a long, long time. Roebling's not hard on brakes, so we will see.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

what type of pad for the 8

The Raybestos pad that the Porterfield people recommend as the replacement for the PFC 90s I was using.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff, let me know how those work