Thread: Moral dilema

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I went through this. I bought a car from a person who raced it. It had a log book, had been raced for years and years and had only not been raced the previous year. I was a big newbie and had never even looked at a GCR and am just a trusting person over all. I had been told that it was "ready to race" so, that's what I did. I got home, put my seat in it and took it to the local tech man. Turns out the cage was illegal! So illegal in fact that it had NEVER been legal! Tube size was to small. Makes you wonder how he pulled that one off. At that point there really wasn't much I could do. I was the idiot that bought the car and didn't check on stuff or have anyone sign on anything. I sure do hate the previous owner though. What' was fun is that stuff just kept showing up! I have yet to actually spend a dollar on something to make the car go faster. It had a nice illegal cage, illegal flywheel, the engine was built by someone so who knows if that was legal either. Good thing I blew it up!

Anyways, it cost me a lot of money just making this car legal again and putting stuff back into it. It's got a junk yard motor, a bigger cage and more crap in it then when I bought it. How do I make my self feel good about this? By beating the previous owner's times by more then 6 seconds that's how!!!

Great, now I'm all mad again and it's to early to drink... or is it!
    Past owner of an ITA RX7

Great, now I'm all mad again and it's to early to drink... or is it!
    [/b]
    Never.

Marcus, who build his cars to avoid this.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)