Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIR Next Weekend

Congrats to Greg Ira & Guy Marvin on a great weekend in their Datsun 240Z!

I worked turn 10 Sat and Sun. How did you guys like the dust cloud in the bottom??
    Seen a lot of good saves there as well.

Lawrence

Help us dorks out with no racing yet! Details on IT!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Everything is already up at mylaps.com. Weekend was a blast!!
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

What happened to Derek Lugar in ITB? I don't see him as entering the race after qualifying?

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

103 cars for the first enduro. can you say wild. for the ITA race there was a very fast first generation rx7.results,alex m, mark carpentar, rick benazic. within 3 seconds in integras and adam in a crx in 4th. mark was flying at the end and earned the track record.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

ITA Enduros:

Karl and I in the Miata finished 2nd on Saturday with an extra pit stop (Harness problem) and 1st on Sunday, even with starting 68th on the grid.

Way too much fun. My liver hurts from attempting to defeat the keg.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Was it just me, or was that possibly the most efficiently run race weekend I've ever been to?

My goodness. We were in and out of tech and registration in under five minutes. Everything basically ran on schedule, all the time, even with the occasional crash. People for the most part seemed to be racing really clean (apart from a few wreck miatas that decided to bump draft me down the roller coaster )

Hats off to the NCR staff and all the racers who came out this past weekend. I really had a good time.
    Karl in NC

Andy, ITS race was apparently a knock down. Steve E. (who raced with Nick last year) went door to door with Kent Thompson, both in RX7s. They were side by side at teh finish, margin was .065.....NICE.

A really fast Z car was there as well, ran 2:14s which is smoking at VIR, near Chet Whittel BMW times.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Excellent registration job,it was really quick in and out, thank you everyone. Karl and Bowie, I co-drove the yellow CRX that you snuck by us on Sunday for the win.Good job guys, we really enjoyed it.See you again soon.

Chad
    Chad Z
    #46 ITA

Excellent registration job,it was really quick in and out, thank you everyone. Karl and Bowie, I co-drove the yellow CRX that you snuck by us on Sunday for the win.Good job guys, we really enjoyed it.See you again soon.
    Chad
    [/b]
    Chad, that was a real fun time and we're looking forward to racing with you in the future...having you there really pushed me to shake some excess rust off Next time come to our paddock and help us with whatever grill, keg, and food we bring. We're having a good time out-drinking basically everyone

This year in ITA is going to be a hoot in the ECRs!

Karl in NC

Andy, ITS race was apparently a knock down. Steve E. (who raced with Nick last year) went door to door with Kent Thompson, both in RX7s. They were side by side at teh finish, margin was .065.....NICE.

A really fast Z car was there as well, ran 2:14s which is smoking at VIR, near Chet Whittel BMW times.
    [/b]
    The 240Z was driven by Greg Ira & Guy Marvin. Won the 1st ECR overall and came second overall and first in ITS in the second ECR.

Those guys were flying in the Z. I guess the ITAC was pretty close with their class adjustments so far. Great job in both enduro's.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

The 240Z was driven by Greg Ira & Guy Marvin. Won the 1st ECR overall and came second overall and first in ITS in the second ECR.
    [/b]
    I'll second that. The Z was very fast! But then again, there's little that doesn't seem fast when it passes a ITC car

Does anyone know the condition of the drivers from the Miata and SRF that were involved in the accident at 1 in Sunday's ECR? That litterally happened in front and behind me at the same time. The Miata got loose and spun from the outside line pointed towards the inside exit of one, the SRF was behind me and tried to pass me on the left after I started to the inside to avoid the miata, when the SRF hit the Miata in the front. It was not pretty. It was one of those situations were you wish you had a camera pointed towards the rear of the car at the same time.

Other than a little loss of top end, my car turned it's fastest lap ever at the track, with the stock motor. Of course, we could always use more speed. I would probably even say that if I was in the winning Z.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Some pics of a fast 35 year old car!

I must say that it was a great weekend, but the traffic was really something in a relatively fast its car. I got knocked off track at the start of the Saturday enduro and restarted dead last (0f 103 cars) and managed to finish 11th. Sundy was better, qualified 4 and finished 3rd behind a srf and the z.
    Ricky Thompson (aka hotshoe) had a pretty eventful weekend, but I'll let him tell about it.
    Already looking forward to the next trip to vir!!

Raymond,
    The white #51 white Golf expired with new motor problems, head gasket went away after 35 minutes into
    enduro #1. The Blue car broke a rt front control arm[at 110 mph!] at the 10 minute to go mark while leading the 2nd enduro .Starting grid of 103 cars was some thing else, I personally passed 20+ cars in the first 3 laps on saturday.Rob McCabe won the SARRC race in B, coming in at 8th, in a strong 45 car spec miata field, #51 did not run.
    Good weekend, just not a great one!
    Derek

Raymond,
    The white #51 white Golf expired with new motor problems, head gasket went away after 35 minutes into
    enduro #1. The Blue car broke a rt front control arm[at 110 mph!] at the 10 minute to go mark while leading the 2nd enduro .Starting grid of 103 cars was some thing else, I personally passed 20+ cars in the first 3 laps on saturday.Rob McCabe won the SARRC race in B, coming in at 8th, in a strong 45 car spec miata field, #51 did not run.
    Good weekend, just not a great one!
    Derek
    [/b]

Put that motor back in for NHIS events!!!

Looking forward to running with you guys again this year!!!

We had our teams "Anual ski trip" to Tremblant a few weeks ago... we came inches away from buying a bunch of Canada Loving t-shirts from Roots, but just couldn't bring ourselves to it!!! lol

Hope all is well, see you soon;

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Raymond,
    The unfortunate reality this year is each of our events coencides with one of your weekends,in june, july& august.The only one that is OK is the cheap date, and we might consider going to the Glen the next weekend.
    Major P/O because we really enjoy the NER -NHIS weekends.Unfortunately we are a little too involved with the race organizational aspects to not appear at our own events,however tempting it is to consider.
    Derek