Like everyone else in the Northeast with a pulse and a racecar, I'm pretty excited at the thought of a new place to go race at. And that got me thinking along these lines.

If you could build a racetrack, and terrain/money/space wasn't an issue, what elements would you incorporate?

I don't have an entire fantasy track (yet!) but I do have some elements that I'd love to have.
From VIR - the uphill esses....with a twist. Instead of being straight uphill, how about that style of backforthbackforth while going over some undulating hills? Capped off with a blind, top of the hill diving turn back down, pretty much like VIR has now, maybe even more intense. Done correctly that could be a blast!

A good carousel, like the one at Road America. What a great feeling when the car gets twitchy and squirrely through there, and the sane part of your brain's saying, "OK, maybe this time you really should lift!" You don't, you survive once more, and you emerge grinning from ear to ear.

A diving, twisting downhill, like the one at Laguna Seca (or whatever the heck they call it now!) One that drops out from under you like a cliffs' edge.

An interesting section of technical turns, each one leading to a more complex one, until they finally blast you out onto a straightaway. Take Moroso's first series of turns, but make them increasingly complex.

A section that looks like you should be lifting, or turning, but actually has a high speed line right through it (from Nelson Ledges back straight)

And of course, I'd make the track some ungodly length, just to make it even more difficult to get right away. Like, oh, 5 or 6 miles.

So, what would YOU do?