Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hans or Isaac?

Scott, excellent letter. You can add my name to it if you wish:

Jeff Young
    NCR 55
    Member No. 304971

David, I run an open ITS car. While I fully agree the Isaac should be allowed, jsut one point of clarification. The arm restraints attach to the cam lock -- basically they are pinned in by one of the belts. They release with a single twist of the camlock harness as well.

Jeff
    [/b]
    Jeff,

You're right. Don't know what I was thinking. Must have written that post before I had my full dose of caffeine. As mentioned in previous posts, though, there are still the radios, cool suits, helmet ventilation hoses, etc. that must be unhooked before the driver is extricated from the car, making the single point of detachment issue sound a little naive. The decision-makers should give the corner workers a little credit, too. I believe any corner worker who sees a driver wearing an Isaac will realize that the shocks must be detached from the helmet in order to get the driver out. If there is any doubt, demonstrate the procedure in a mandatory corner worker meeting prior to the start of the event. Require Isaac wearers to display an ISAAC sticker on the both doors to alert the corner workers, similar to the E sticker that locates the extinguisher/fire system. For that matter, require all drivers to display a sticker on every car listing all items which must be unhooked in order to get the driver out.

Another early morning, uncaffeinated rant.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

Well, I sold my car. I have worked 2 corners sense them. I worked corner 10 last weekend. I know the differnce between an r3 a hans and the Issac and I know how to get you out of the car with any of them. Its no big thing to show workers how to do this. Signing up the car so we can see is a good idea but its a no brainer when you look at the drivers as to what they are is wearing. I think its the driver getting himself out without any help that may be the issue,and the only thing I see as a problem is if he has a hand or arm injury. That said it will still be hard for him to get out with those injurys anyway. Its the fire thing and we all know it.

If you cant get out of your car when its on fire you are at the foot of the cross and all that is going to save your ass is God and a good fire system and people helping to control the fire while they get you out. Type of H&N will make little change in the outcome. My 2 cents anyway.

Lawrence

Situation seems to have gone quiet(?)....