Well, the season is fast approaching again for those of use locked in the frozen northlands. (don't you FL region members start rubbing it in now! ) And in the middle of the scrambling around with the cars, I realized that I still need to get on the stick and get some safety equipment ordered. The older I get, the skinnier my neck vertabrae becomes....at least SOMETHING'S getting skinnier!!
That being said, I also realized that I am still on the fence as to which one works better, is easiest to use, etc.
So, let me ask all of you these questions:
Which device do you use?
Why did you choose that one?
Would you buy the same one again?
Who did you buy it from?
How much was your Isaac or Hans?
Do you know of any retailers offering SCCA members special buys?
Does your device interfere with you in any way once you are strapped in?

For the Isaac users: How extensive are the helmet modifications? I understand that there is a kind of piston that is attached to the helmet? Does that negate the Simpson rating on the helmet?

And finally, are there other devices out there that are comparable to these two, or are these two it?

Thanks for the input. I know there have been various threads that I've browsed through from time to time, but I'd like to gather as much info as I can before making the purchase. After years of wearing a horse collar to 'protect' my neck, now I find that it might exacerbate a whiplash injury. I certainly don't want to get something that's the 'right' thing now only to find it's the wrong thing later.