Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Music

A few weeks ago I created a "music player" for our website (www.rstperformance.com) to play racing related songs that people could enjoy listening to while viewing our website for some added enjoyment (not that the content isn't amusing enough).

Currently I have 1 "techno song" created using f1 engine sounds on our into page, then once you have entered the site you can listen to 3 different songs by the arist "Cake." I wanted to add more songs, enough so that people could actually just open the site, and shrink it and just listen to music while doing onther things on the computer.... can any of you help me make a list of racing and/or car related songs to put into the "mix."

I would be glad to share the flash file when I have a decent amount of songs to be played.

thanks for any help;

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I think it would be cool to have a IT videos page like specmiatavideos.com cool music to our silly races!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I want to listen to the Techno song but my AOL and windows won't let me load your web site because it can not verify the author.
    The theme from Grand Prix might be appropriate for your site.
    Remember it's them or USGUYS

Currently I have 1 "techno song" created using f1 engine sounds on our into page, then once you have entered the site you can listen to 3 different songs by the arist "Cake." Raymond
    [/b]
    Note to self: When at work, turn volume down on computer before going to the RSTP website!! i think half the building heard the music!!

Crash, Gwen Stephani
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Whats that old george Thorogood (How the H do you spell his name?) song a bout driving that old black whatever and being chased by the cops?

Sammy Hagar has the famous "I can't drive....Fifty FIVE!" song...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Cake - The Distance

Edit: note to self it helps to read more than the title before posting...

PS - I like VanHalen - Panama when I am at the track, whether racing related or not.
    Ed.

Thank you so far!!! Still want more I will wait to update the site for a week or so when I get a few more suggestions/requests!!!

Raymond

PS: USGUYS- I am not sure how to get AOL to "verify" the Author??? I will work on it, but can't guarentee that I could fix it
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

How about "Stroker Ace" I think it's David allen coe, or something.

Just thought of one...it's really old, and drag oriented...""409" by the Beach Boys..just to shake things up a bit.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Whiplash...Metallica
    Are you gonna go my way...Lenni Kravitz
    Cake...The Distance(already mentioned but a for sure)
    And for you greatest crash segments...It's the end of the world...REM
    Jerry was a race car Driver..not sure of the artist
    I made a nice DVD using Movie Maker on my Windows xp. Used all those songs. Ended up with a greatest hits movie that's 18 minutes long that doesn't bore my non-racing freinds and family
    Greg Blastic
    Lookin' for a new one!
    '86 RX7 ITS w/'89 Drivetrain Sold!
    ITS #5 GSLSE(still goin' strong) Sold!
    IT7 Project( now complete!!) Sold!
    Waterford Hills Regular
    Occasional GLD
    Howell, MI

A few weeks ago I created a "music player" for our website (www.rstperformance.com) to play racing related songs that people could enjoy listening to while viewing our website for some added enjoyment (not that the content isn't amusing enough).

Currently I have 1 "techno song" created using f1 engine sounds on our into page, then once you have entered the site you can listen to 3 different songs by the arist "Cake." I wanted to add more songs, enough so that people could actually just open the site, and shrink it and just listen to music while doing onther things on the computer.... can any of you help me make a list of racing and/or car related songs to put into the "mix."

I would be glad to share the flash file when I have a decent amount of songs to be played.

thanks for any help;

Raymond
    [/b]
    AC/DC - "Highway to Hell"

~E.

Just thought of one...it's really old, and drag oriented...""409" by the Beach Boys..just to shake things up a bit.
    [/b]
    Yeah as an official old fart, that came to mind as well. Lots of good car songs from the 60s. I think "Little GTO" would be good. Even better, if you can find it (perhaps the VW guys can help) would be a recording of "Kleine GTi" from a VW commercial around the time you boys were born! It was in German to the tune of Little GTO. BTW, for those who don't know any German, "kleine" is German for little.

Oh, and it was supposedly written by "Fritz and the Autobahn Commandos."
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

Radar Love-by Golden Earing. Not actually racing per say, but it is about driving a car, and always gets my feet tapping.

George H

"I Met My Baby in the Porta-John Line" (by Nothing Fancy)

wow more old guys like me on this thread that I would have thought.
    I will second radar love, plus steppenwolf born to be wild and meat loaf bat out of hell.

I was once at a solo one where a gut in a mgb blasted bagpipe music in his car during his timed runs.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

"Little Deuce Coupe", by the Beach Boys. How's that for old? Or, to go back even further, the Jan & Dean collection: "Little Old Lady from Pasadena", "Drag City", and the always popular "Dead Man's Curve."

Black Sunshine - White Zombie
    Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry (Supposesdly there were "Jesus Built My Hotrod" quarts of oil as promos, never saw one though.)

Edit.

A little googling found a quart of oil, $50. Yikes.
    And this review of the Jesus Built My Hotrod single CD:

A pure shot of adrenaline... With vocals so fuzzy and incoherent that they sound like they are sung over a cheap CB radio, this song is all 1960s NASCAR. It's all about speed; the raw unadulturated power of a V8 set to music. Listening to this song while behind the wheel is a transcendental experience. As the pounding "DadaDOOMP DadaDOOMP..." of the drums drive forward, the foot cannot resist the accelerator. Soon the engine, the dashed centerline of the highway, and the spedometer needle smacking against the maximum speed peg all come into sync with the music. The driver becomes immersed in the task of driving, attuned to every aspect of his engine, and then becomes one with his engine. Man is machine, and machine is man. Jesus Built my Hotrod.

I have to go dig out the CD....
    Tim

I am big in to techno, breakbeat and drum and bass, so most of my music is fast enough paced that unless the vocals are off they all sound good to me when I compile video.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Another oldie: "Hot Rod Lincoln"

Just please, no matter what you do, do NOT use Queens "We are the champions"...the most over used and self serving song known to man...I beg you!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region