Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Use of SIRs in IT

Ok if they suffocate the Beemer enough that it cant win as much, do we go back to the "spec RX7" in ITS?? I would think they need to add weight or an SIR to the RX7 to equalize it with the other cars there...When the Beemers are MIA (and in pre Beemer day) RX7's dominated. How is that now equalized?? anyone? [/b]
    Evan,

It's not about dominating. If the E46 323 (having been run through the process) starts to become the 'car to have', SO BE IT. It's not about equalizing on-track performance (even though I don't think the RX-7 ever held the track record at RA...), it's about each car being classified using the same methods. I don't know how many times we have to say this.

The creme will always rise to the top -and in IT, thems the breaks. Right now, everything (with small exception as noted in earlier threads) has been run. It's like we 'classed everything from scratch' =/- a few % points for stuff that was close to it's estimated target.

As pointed out, the are myriads more Mazdas than Bimmers because they are cheap to build and buy parts for - and there is a nice install base to lean on. Some regions have seen ITS counts cut down by 75% or more because of one-make domination - and it ain't the RX-7, Z-car or Integra.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I guess we all just need to be patient and see how it pans out. Any word on testing results? There is too much chit chat and time builds problems! As long as this site remains what it should be (friendly conversation about the GOOD of IT), we will all be fine.
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I guess we all just need to be patient and see how it pans out. Any word on testing results? There is too much chit chat and time builds problems! As long as this site remains what it should be (friendly conversation about the GOOD of IT), we will all be fine.
    [/b]
    From what I heard, we should hear for the CRB shortly, then I would hope the ITAC would post the test results. This is what I see as the logical progression.