Thread: 162 mph....and all he got was a cut lip

Found this little ditty on the AOL news tonight. Aside from the fact that some dinkbrain who has more money than God was driving around on the streets with a Ferrari values at $1-million, I couldn't help but notice this statement
    "MALIBU, Calif. (Feb. 28) - A rare, $1 million Ferrari that disintegrated in a spectacular crash last week was roaring along Pacific Coast Highway at 162 mph when it hit a bump in the road, launched into the air and slammed into a power pole, authorities said."

According to the story, the driver suffered a cut lip. That was all: no death, dismemberment or other permanent, crippling injuries.
    I'm not sure if this is a testament to the construction of Ferrari's, or if it was the result of dumb (and I do mean DUMB!) luck.

Link to the rest of the story is here: (let&#39;s see if I did this right... <_<
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...S00010000000001

I think it&#39;s safe to say that I would be ill for the rest of my life if I stuffed a car like this one into a freaking telephone pole...

Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Some more pictures and discussions here:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16265

And there is much more to the story! he owns two of the car...well he USED to, LOL. ANd he claims he wasn&#39;t driving...the driver left on foot. DNA testing will prove that out when this blood is compared to that of the drivers side airbag blood stain. The passengers side had no airbag detonate..

Racing has been mentioned....

Most lucky is an understatement.

Another recent supercar crash didn&#39;t end so favorably when a Porsche Carrera GT hit a concrete wall at California Speedway going a reported 165, killing the driver and his passenger at a driver ed Ferrari club day.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Completely off topic, but...

Why do they need DNA testing for this? They can just type and cross the blood, the dust the steering wheel (actually, the steering wheel may already be dusted from the airbag!)...

Damn CSI effect...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

the man blew over the DUI limit. cross and type is not conclusive as others can have the same blood type. The only conclusive way to prove with that little of blood would be DNA testing. you learn a lot when you have forensic scientists as friends.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I&#39;LL BET HE LEFT SOME DNA ON THE DRIVERS SEAT!!!!
    John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

the man blew over the DUI limit. cross and type is not conclusive as others can have the same blood type. The only conclusive way to prove with that little of blood would be DNA testing. you learn a lot when you have forensic scientists as friends.
    [/b]
    Yes, but the chances of the driver and the passenger having matching blood types is pretty small (yes, I know there are only four types of blood, but combined with other blood factors...). It would be a quick and less costly way to determine who was driving. It could be followed by...

Ahh, nevermind. It&#39;s really not that important.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

true, however, that evidence has been thrown out in court for that reason alone. plus DNA testing does not cost as much as it used to which is why it is more freely used.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I&#39;LL BET HE LEFT SOME DNA ON THE DRIVERS SEAT!!!!
    [/b]

Is that what that&#39;s called???
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Oh, this story just keeps getting better and better. According to Engadget he also owns a Mercedes SLR, which Scotland Yard has listed as stolen, and which happens to be the same kind of car that was reported as being involed in this street racing. Oh, and a Scottish bank is claiming to be the true owner one of his Enzo&#39;s. Also the guy was a Gizmondo executive. That company created the failed Gizmondo PDA/game thingy, and they were just liquidated last month after their parent company filed for bankruptcy. He stepped down before that happened, because he was alleged to be involved with the Swedish Mafia.
    -Jon Quimbaya
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI