***However, if as you argue a link is a traction bar just because traction gets worse when you remove it***

If you remove either the upper set or the lower set as you well know the axle will rotate untill the Watts links will be in a radial bind acting like the traction bar.

***However, if as you argue a link is a traction bar just because traction gets worse when you remove it then literally every suspension link known could be defined as a traction bar.***

Naw, I wouldn't consider a wound up Watts link a traction bar. Do suspension engineers call a wound up Watts link traction bar?

Traction Bar: A link to an axle housing or hub carrier which resists torque reaction from the wheel by acting in compression or tension.

Acording to the GCR definition (not suspension engineer speak) I will rest my case. I would beleive that anyone reading this post who understands the rear links of a 1 st gen RX-7 & who understands the definition from the GCR would agree that without either set of rear links the axle will have zero traction untill the axle rotates distorting some other rear axle components out of their normal function range.

I beleive that if a Tech would like me to disconnect one set or links he/she would agree in a hurry that the links are traction bars.