Now whats your dash point connected to? my cage does not have a dash bar, the previous owner was too tall and a bar there was too close to his knees.
[/b]
In my case it was part of the firewall. Due to the geometries of the car I mounted it to bolt in shear to the under horizontal surface of the battery tray. I backed it with large washers on each side.

Yes mounting to a dash bar would be better, but this spot worked very well. What you can't see in the picture is that the net is not parallel to the driver. It in fact angles outward and the forward mount is on the left side of the passenger area. The reason for this was mostly to ensure plenty of clearance to the shift lever. I did not want the net to interfere with my shift motion.

What I did was to mount to rear roll hoop, cross brace, and haress bar structure in the rear. Then sat in the car and move the forward point to where it seemed to be close to the driver yet leaves space for he shifter.

Interstingly the rear mounts to the cage are slightly behind the edge of the driver. This means the net sort of wraps around the seat a bit.

The goal of this net is limit upper body lateral motion in case of a side impact. I also tested it some by moving sideways in my seat to figure how much of my upper body and head it would catch.

Once the end points were mounted I cranked it tight with supplied racthing strap.