Thread: Koni Yellows vs Tokico

Are stock Koni Yellows with Ground Control an upgrade to Tokico adjustable with GC? Atleast until I come up with the money to rebuild/revalve/shorten the Koni's?
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I'm thinking the same thing since I have Tokicos on the ITA car now and sold my street CRX with Konis. I had considered switching, but didn't. Originally I was going to upgrade to the off-the-shelf race Konis this year, but I'm going to put off the purchase to buy a head-neck restraint instead.

Koni's are better than Tokico's everyday, all day long.

Also, being that you've got these on a ITC car, you should be able to race on off the shelf Koni's and not need a shorten and revalve. But if you do decide to do that, I think it generally runs about $100 per shock to have done.

Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I agree the Koni's are a better shock and can handle a high spring rate aswell, but are a bit more money , pay for what you get

Are stock Koni Yellows with Ground Control an upgrade to Tokico adjustable with GC? Atleast until I come up with the money to rebuild/revalve/shorten the Koni's?
    [/b]
    yes, yes. look for crx lee on the honda-tech forum. Lee works at Koni and he is a long time honda racer and has moved over the years from 1st gen crx ita to 2nd gen crx ita to 2nd gen crx FP.

tom
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

I actually sucked it up and bought the shortened/revalved Konis new. I figured it was just something that needed to be done. I'm overdriving the Tokicos and I'm so close to being somewhat competitive, it was just time.

Thanks
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures