Thread: 944 Competitive now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been assured by Milledge that an early car could get down even 75 lbs lighter.

Rear spring rates are not a problem if you know where to look. I have 32mm (effective) hollow t-bars and can get up to 34 or 36 (can't remember which). That will be more than enough.

The intake is not so much the problem on the 8v 944 as the cam. No overlap. It's quite limiting.

[/b]
    My car was a 85.5 so I dont know about the 83 and 84's but we could not get close.... We played with a couple different intakes a found a fair bit of restriction there but I agree that the cam is crap too and even with altered timing we got alot of pulse in the afm

Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

My car was a 85.5 so I dont know about the 83 and 84's but we could not get close.... We played with a couple different intakes a found a fair bit of restriction there but I agree that the cam is crap too and even with altered timing we got alot of pulse in the afm
    [/b]
    There are only two legal settings for cam timing:

1. Leave it where it ends up after milling the head (only if the timing isn't adjustable)

2. Stock

The rules allow for ajustable cam gears if origially on the car, but in that case, do not allow for anything other than stock settings.

Grafton