Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roebling road drivers school

RFloyd,i was watching that crx in the 2nd group..very fast.

Superswift(Ben) monday i located a 5 spd gear box for the rabitt and trying to find a motor builder now.But i really think a 5 spd would make a big differance.

Jeff,THANK YOU for all your help,and please thank you partner for me as well.it was fun watching you drive,you have great car control.I just wish i could have kept up with you to follow some of you lines a little more.You guys were great to be around.I wa also amazed at how much grip the new toyos had during the last rain session we had.

I think i might take the car to Moroso in march for the double SARRC even befor the new tranny and motor.I need track time.

Thanks again to everyone.

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Scott, from my point of view I have to go with the awesome instructor. Also, I would really appreciate it if I could bounce ideas and thoughts off of you in the future. I promise not to bounce my car off of you, though.

Thanks,
    [/b]
    Yep, IMO, Scott has the qualities that make an instructor really good. He's knowledgeable, friendly (mostly :P ), and completely blunt when it comes to driver feedback.

My impressions on the school pretty much parallel everyone else here... great time, well run, and it was cool top meet some of the IT folks in person. I look forward to running against everyone in the upcoming season.

FWIW, after I get some experience under my belt, I'd be open to volunteer as an instructor or instructor in training.

Christian, who can't wait for the vIR double ECR next month!
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I had a great time and first and foremost THANK YOU to all the instructors and workers!! I had a power problem with my IT7- Thanks to Dr. Mike Powell, Mike Van Steenburg and my dad for working on the problem with me. Fortunately I had enough power to have a ball in the rain and get some really good traffic experience. Brett was a great instructor and helped me understand not just the line(s), but the why of the line. As for the bashes on the SPO car let's not forget the little cars that went weed whacking also! It was two four bangers that pushed me off into the dirt during the weekend. If I made the same rookie mistake to anyone sorry- See you all out there!

Kevin Bailey
    IT7- WDCR region

[attachmentid=287]
    Kevin Bailey
    ITA/IT7 WDCR

Hey Tim, your welcome. I'm glad we could help you out. As for more track experence, I'll be getting it next month at the double ECR at VIR. I know that race might be a haul for you, but we'll be at CMP for the Memorial weekend ECR as well. See you at the races.

Jeff
    Jeff
    1991 Civic Std. ITC :roadrace
    1989 CRX CSP :solocar
    1993 Prelude VTEC :streetcar
    2003 Dodge 2500 "Cummins Powered" :towrig