Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SIR TEST RESULTS

Has anyone heard anything?
    dj

:P DJ, I keep looking also...............is no news good news?
    Greg

Has anyone heard anything?
    dj
    [/b]

:P DJ, I keep looking also...............is no news good news?
    Greg
    [/b]
    No news is just that. NO NEWS.

Hey guys-

Sorry to keep you hanging. Had to take a day off to attend the test, so I had to make up the lost time today, and we had this thing called "Bliazzard 06"....which has kept me busy diggin out.

I'll write up a report after work tomorrow.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey guys-

Sorry to keep you hanging. Had to take a day off to attend the test, so I had to make up the lost time today, and we had this thing called "Bliazzard 06"....which has kept me busy diggin out.

I'll write up a report after work tomorrow.
    [/b]
    ah gee, what's a couple feet of snow? we got a whole 8 inches in dc.

thanks, standing by.

don't complain guys you don't know how good you have it up there !!! down here its freezing today were going to be around 50 degrees. :P
    thank you jake for your devotion to the sport.and the BS.
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34

don't complain guys you don't know how good you have it up there !!! down here its freezing today were going to be around 50 degrees. :P
    thank you jake for your devotion to the sport.and the BS.
    [/b]
    Steve you should be shot for this post about the temperatures in Fla.! 19 deg. here!
    I can't believe in my wildest imagination AB has absolutely nothing to say about the SIR test! Not even an opinion?

I can't believe in my wildest imagination AB has absolutely nothing to say about the SIR test! Not even an opinion? [/b]
    Oh, I have plenty...but Jake was AT the test, so it makes sense that he represents the ITAC in this particular instance.

Unfortunately, it may be a little longer to get some info out there as we have two data points that don't jive with each other. Further testing is scheduled.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Oh, I have plenty...but Jake was AT the test, so it makes sense that he represents the ITAC in this particular instance.

Unfortunately, it may be a little longer to get some info out there as we have two data points that don't jive with each other. Further testing is scheduled.

AB
    [/b]
    AB, I hope you feel that this test was a positive step in the right direction. Can you tell me what kind of dyno was used?
    I think there were going to be some gliches somewhere but the main thing is to keep a positive attiude and to keep the goal in site. For one, I'm thankful to those who were involved. The SCCA should reimburse you something especially since more testing is required.
    dj

AB,
    Does that mean that all the results will not be given? What's a little longer?
    How could there be any confusion, AB at first I thought it was so clear cut..........I hope all results are reported............whether they make sense or not.

Greg

AB
    [/b]

AB,
    Does that mean that all the results will not be given? What's a little longer?
    How could there be any confusion, AB at first I thought it was so clear cut..........I hope all results are reported............whether they make sense or not.

Greg

[/b]
    Why are you shaking your finger at me? We have results that conflict - so we need more info and time to make the right decision for the competitors in ITS, both BMW guys and others.

Why do I get the feeling some of you are always looking for a fight?

<_<

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

AB,
    I&#39;m just asking if we can get all of the results of the tests. If you need more time or info to make a decision ,fine. I am not asking what the final decision is going to be. Uncensored data is what I&#39;m looking for. I&#39;m sure your working on the proper solution. The data that doesn&#39;t make sense may help us when it comes time to fit the SIR, the data happened for some reason. See I gave you a happy face!

Greg

Why are you shaking your finger at me? We have results that conflict - so we need more info and time to make the right decision for the competitors in ITS, both BMW guys and others.

<_<

AB
    [/b]

<_<

AB
    [/b]
    It&#39;s that Bullseye located direction on your back, Andy!

Guys, When we have some results that make sense and something other than just speculation, we&#39;ll tell you about it...

You would think by now that you&#39;d have SOME level of trust that we will let you know what&#39;s going on... It&#39;s not like we have a track record of doing otherwise...

From what I&#39;ve been hearing, there is a VERY concerted effort to get to the bottom of all this and get the information needed to clarify all this... Not something youve been accustomed to seeing, so I understand your skepticism.
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Nobody is ever going to be happy if the results aren&#39;t what they want. They will find a way to disagree with the conclusion.

Having said that, I am confident that the CRB will provide all the info - and the conclusion - when the information is conclusive.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

Nobody is ever going to be happy if the results aren&#39;t what they want. They will find a way to disagree with the conclusion.

Having said that, I am confident that the CRB will provide all the info - and the conclusion - when the information is conclusive.

AB
    [/b]
    AB, don&#39;t be such a pessimist. To quote a old cliche&#39; "you can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time". The one&#39;s you have to please are the one who really want to see if this experiment will work and for all the right reasons. Darin speaks about trust, one thing I&#39;ve learned by being in business for over 32+ years, trust and respect are earned, and it goes both ways. You guys should have no problem knowing who the people are that are trying to be open minded enough to understand what is trying to be accomplished. All I can say is ignor the radicals and deal with the rationals.

I have asked this question many times and never got a response. When you deal with HP figures, WHAT DYNO IS BEING USED? What dyno was used in this test?
    Thanks
    dj

The info will not be leaked out little by little. A full report will summarize. We want to use different cars, with different prep levels and different dyno&#39;s as data points. Some the CRB will test, some info will come in from members.

And dj, that ain&#39;t pessimism, that is realism. Nothing wrong with not being able to please everyone, just one of a few reasons info won&#39;t be given before it&#39;s all collected and analyzed - so that people can&#39;t jump to conclusions that suit their position.

I understand it&#39;s hard, but be patient, the CRB is trying to do the right thing.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

Hold onto your cards and don&#39;t lay them out until you know what they read. Otherwise you will have somebody like Mattberg chiming in on this thread. (or maybe he will since you haven&#39;t provided inconclusive evidence which might mean there is a conspiracy in the North!)

AB,
    You should probably say nothing, becasue when you start talking about the CRB doing some tests and other people turning in other tests.......it sounds like the method used is flawed. AB, don&#39;t you think the same process should be used with the same equipment? Don&#39;t create doubt. How does the CRB know a car is completely legal if your just taking info from members. Please tell me we are not waiting for a let down. YOUR STATEMENTS ARE CREATING QUESTIONS. Real questions. AB, I started off with a smile again.

Greg

The info will not be leaked out little by little. A full report will summarize. We want to use different cars, with different prep levels and different dyno&#39;s as data points. Some the CRB will test, some info will come in from members.

And dj, that ain&#39;t pessimism, that is realism. Nothing wrong with not being able to please everyone, just one of a few reasons info won&#39;t be given before it&#39;s all collected and analyzed - so that people can&#39;t jump to conclusions that suit their position.

I understand it&#39;s hard, but be patient, the CRB is trying to do the right thing.

AB
    [/b]

Oh, pardon me; did I wander into the Bimmerworld Forums again by mistake...?

AB,
    You should probably say nothing, becasue when you start talking about the CRB doing some tests and other people turning in other tests.......it sounds like the method used is flawed. AB, don&#39;t you think the same process should be used with the same equipment? Don&#39;t create doubt. How does the CRB know a car is completely legal if your just taking info from members. Please tell me we are not waiting for a let down. YOUR STATEMENTS ARE CREATING QUESTIONS. Real questions. AB, I started off with a smile again.

Greg
    [/b]
    We will accept all data from all sources. The validity we assign to it depends on the backup that is presented with it.

What kind of outcry would there be should we proclaim that we won&#39;t accept input from our members?

What is your definition of a &#39;let-down&#39;? If we allow data from multiple sources, in an effort to make sure we have the full story, how is that bad? We just have to be able to see through the &#39;spin&#39; while at the same time validating the size eventually going to be mandated.

The only people who are confused are the ones trying to &#39;read&#39; the story without seeing all the words.

You are right on one thing...it is time I weened myself off this BB.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt