Thread: G Force Harnesses now FIA Certified?

Well my harnesses have expired and its time for new belts. I had pretty good luck with my cheaper G force belts last time and when I went to their site they say they have 2 belts (pull-up style) that are now FIA certified and approved for 5 years with SCCA. Has anyone else heard this? If so this is a bargain price as they are still in the sub $150 range. Can anyone confirm this?
    Jeremy Billiel

I believe that is correct, I think thats what I have in my car (cam lock ones) I got them a year ago at like $130 I think???

I have not had any issues with them at all, and I feel safe wearing them...

G-Force seems to have a lot of great deals especially for the "budgeted" racer.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I think they are pull down though. I just bought the C7001 FIA certified 6 point belt set since mine expired. I got them from racerwholesale.com since I am on the east coast the shipping is fast. If your west coast safedrives out of OR can probably get them to you faster. Both have 2006 FIA belts in stock.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Well my harnesses have expired and its time for new belts. I had pretty good luck with my cheaper G force belts last time and when I went to their site they say they have 2 belts (pull-up style) that are now FIA certified and approved for 5 years with SCCA. Has anyone else heard this? If so this is a bargain price as they are still in the sub $150 range. Can anyone confirm this?
    [/b]
    Work Fine put a set in last year and they went with our car when we sold it. Ordered new for our new car but got the 6 Point as I think I saw that probably will be requiring 6 point in the future. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I've got to reread my GCR. I understood that we could no longer use belts for 5 yrs. I've been buying new G-Force belts each year for the past several years. I didn't think you could use them for more than one year. I just got a new set to install, but it would be nice if I didn't have to spend $150 each year on something in such good shape.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Page GCR 123 & 124 SFI 16.1 are 2 year restraints, FIA approved can be "no more than 5 years old"
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.