Thread: A Little Love, Maybe?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joe, you are absolutely correct kind sir. The problem with the 3TC Corolla is indeed the stock carb and exhaust. The research I have done makes me think that I could get more than the standard 25% increase in IT trim. These cars were horribly choked down by the smog gear. Even so, lets say the car produces 50% more power, I think I am still 100-150# too heavy according to the new process. I did find the 80 Crorlla SR-5 has a curb weight of 2187lbs. Its currently specified in ITB at 2310. Im gonna have to run lead to get it legal. Still, no matter what happens with the weight issue, Im going to love running it.
    Ryan Walsh
    Cal Club
    Formerly building ITB Corolla
    Now building ???

"I remember the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

Joe, you are absolutely correct kind sir. The problem with the 3TC Corolla is indeed the stock carb and exhaust. The research I have done makes me think that I could get more than the standard 25% increase in IT trim. These cars were horribly choked down by the smog gear. Even so, lets say the car produces 50% more power, I think I am still 100-150# too heavy according to the new process. I did find the 80 Crorlla SR-5 has a curb weight of 2187lbs. Its currently specified in ITB at 2310. Im gonna have to run lead to get it legal. Still, no matter what happens with the weight issue, Im going to love running it.
    [/b]
    remember curb weight has nothing to do with the process.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com