Thread: SIR testing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doc, this is SCCA's tech dept problem, not AB's or anyone else's. All we want is some guarantee that we won't be chasing our tails some 3 months into the racing season. Is this too much of a unreasonable request?
    Again, other that a little sarcasm I have and never will condon or be apart of personal attacks.
    [/b]

DJ,
    I'm on both sides on this and I appreciate your position. I clearly see where the frustration lies. I do see the frustration of the other ITS marques too.

I have't heard that the SIR was changing size other than from a BMW vendor. I may be wrong I'm unsure. If it is I understand that that would further reinforce your stance!!

Correct me but I thought that RAETech would reimburse if the SIR did change size?

My only point was that AB has agreed to the testing while the opposite camp has said I'm not spending the money to test etc, etc.....

You must agree to the average lurker it sure looks like Andy has gone very far to insure the integrity of the decision, and for that I feel he should be applauded. That's the type of attitude we want in our sport and in our leadership. Let's be patient and see what the testing from both sides reveals.

Other's have in fact commented that they thought it was a conspiracy...if not here then on bimmerforums or somewhere- I read it.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

DJ,
    I'm on both sides on this and I appreciate your position. I clearly see where the frustration lies. I do see the frustration of the other ITS marques too.

I have't heard that the SIR was changing size other than from a BMW vendor. I may be wrong I'm unsure. If it is I understand that that would further reinforce your stance!!

Correct me but I thought that RAETech would reimburse if the SIR did change size?

My only point was that AB has agreed to the testing while the opposite camp has said I'm not spending the money to test etc, etc.....

You must agree to the average lurker it sure looks like Andy has gone very far to insure the integrity of the decision, and for that I feel he should be applauded. That's the type of attitude we want in our sport and in our leadership. Let's be patient and see what the testing from both sides reveals.

Other's have in fact commented that they thought it was a conspiracy...if not here then on bimmerforums or somewhere- I read it.
    R
    [/b]

Doc, you seem like so many people here, an intelligent person. Please don't get caught up in the conspiracy theory's in this forum or others. I assure you that no rational person thinks everyone in the SCCA is out to get anyone who owns a E36 325. Yea were going to bust AB's balls some. This is not meant to be mean spirited and as for me, I will tease anyone I can if I get the chance.

Raetech did say he would swap any incorrect SIR. At least that is what the post said. I've already shown that this could be expensive to tune your car again, and if the SIR isn't right, then again. If my car wasn't in 1000 pieces I'd let someone use my car for testing.
    We will get through this I am sure, just have some patience. In some cases redundancy is good but not in this case.
    On the test itself, we will need to know the parameters.
    dj