Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SIR testing?

Then post them. You have them.

edit: Or at least tell us why CRB felt compelled to test a 34mm SIR last weekend.

Engineering on paper is easier than making things actually work, aint it, Andy.
    [/b]

Lets see you have a car on the dyno. You have multiple SIR's on hand. You may one day want to speed this car up for a future class or maybe a different class...WTF would you not test it. At some point the engine will be blind to the SIR why not find out what size that is. Why not gather as much information as possible to deal with the whining naysayers like yourself. Dave I have to say that with an attitude like yours you won't be missed if you don't build a car. You have more desire to take pot shots at a group of people that are trying to be as open as possible. There was a time when you couldn't get a adhoc or CRB member to speak directly on any subject. It is crappy attitudes and crappy accusations like I have seen around here lately that makes the old system a better system.
    Why don't you just back off save the shots and wait like the rest of us for the information.

GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Then post them. You have them.

edit: Or at least tell us why CRB felt compelled to test a 34mm SIR last weekend.

Engineering on paper is easier than making things actually work, aint it, Andy. [/b]
    Wow. Not enough testing, too much testing...rushing this through, taking too much time...peachy.

Would love you to answer Kirk's question in the other SIR thread. Would be insightful. I'll repost it here so you don't miss it by accident...

ON the topic, I would love to have a 325 owner describe the process and/or result, coming out of the SIR tests, that would satisfy them to the degree that they wouldn't feel cheated.

K[/b]
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

OK, I have to admit, attitude is everything.

And DD, your attitude...well it....

Well, to be charitable, and really whats important here, is that it is just not part of a solution, or even a reasonable discussion.

Over and out.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Engineering on paper is easier than making things actually work, aint it, Andy.
    [/b]
    DoubleD, with comments like that and others you have written it makes it really difficult to have any sympathy at all for BMW racers. I am against SIRs but I can plainly see that there are a lot of hard working volunteers in this club who are working to make the BMW fit in ITS. They are donating their time to sort out this problem with the BMW. They are not trying to make the car uncompetitive in SCCA, quite the opposite, they are trying to make it fit.

If you or the other BMW racers don't like it there is always BMWCCA. I recently read the BMWCCA report that shows there were 444 drivers competing last year and the largest class was JP, with 70 drivers. Definitely not nearly as large as the SCCA or as competitive, but it is there. However I suppose that is why many of the BMW drivers just don't go straight over to BMWCCA and forget the SCCA - they like the SCCA and the competition racing in the SCCA.

If you are planning on staying it should be remembered there are a lot of folks working hard to make sure you can still competitively race in the SCCA and they deserve some respect.

Ron

DoubleD, with comments like that and others you have written it makes it really difficult to have any sympathy at all for BMW racers. ...
    If you or the other BMW racers don't like it ...
    If you are planning on staying ...
    Ron
    [/b]
    Ron, don't lump him in with BMW owners or racers. Apparently he's neither. That makes it pretty hard to figure out why he's so ballistic over this. I don't see him up in arms over all the other models that got weight thrown at them - what's his deal with the BMW?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I'm going to go out on a limb here a little and say something about the SIR from all that I've heard and read, since I'm a BMW driver and this will effect me the most.
    I know my dyno numbers at least last years numbers, and I've seen other and know of other BMW dyno numbers on both a mustang and dyno jet. IF and it is a big if , these SIR's are tested properly and are given to us are the right combination for the E36 325 BMW, with the HP as promised, I will have no problem with them at all! If installed properly with a well tuned inline 6 cyl., all I will say is there should be very good competition and the wins will be there if the BMW is driven well.
    To all critics, please back off the ITAC & CBR, let them finish the tests they need, give them some time. If this S@#$ doesn't work, there's pleanty of time to HANG them later! (kidding of coarse)

I'm going to go out on a limb here a little and say something about the SIR from all that I've heard and read, since I'm a BMW driver and this will effect me the most.
    I know my dyno numbers at least last years numbers, and I've seen other and know of other BMW dyno numbers on both a mustang and dyno jet. IF and it is a big if , these SIR's are tested properly and are given to us are the right combination for the E36 325 BMW, with the HP as promised, I will have no problem with them at all! If installed properly with a well tuned inline 6 cyl., all I will say is there should be very good competition and the wins will be there if the BMW is driven well.
    To all critics, please back off the ITAC & CBR, let them finish the tests they need, give them some time. If this S@#$ doesn't work, there's pleanty of time to HANG them later! (kidding of coarse)
    [/b]
    That gentlemen is a BMW driver with class!!
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

To all critics, please back off the ITAC & CBR, let them finish the tests they need, give them some time. If this S@#$ doesn't work, there's pleanty of time to HANG them later! (kidding of coarse) [/b]
    DJ,

Thanks for the temp repreive! Let me ask you this: Can you specifically answer Kirk's question - and be as detailed as you can?

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

DJ,

Thanks for the temp repreive! Let me ask you this: Can you specifically answer Kirk's question - and be as detailed as you can?

AB
    [/b]
    AB, I can't find any post in here for Kirk. Point me in the right direction & I'll try.
    AB this is not a repreive, this is MY observation & opinion of everything I've read and experienced from when I started running my BMW in ITS last year to today.

AB, I can't find any post in here for Kirk. Point me in the right direction & I'll try.
    AB this is not a repreive, this is MY observation & opinion of everything I've read and experienced from when I started running my BMW in ITS last year to today.
    [/b]
    ON the topic, I would love to have a 325 owner describe the process and/or result, coming out of the SIR tests, that would satisfy them to the degree that they wouldn't feel cheated.

K[/b]
    AB
    Andy Bettencourt

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this argument........But I can't help myself after some of the above comments.

I have to say I'm a little tired of the complaining of some of the BMW racers (and some that aren't even racers yet....I can't understand THAT complaint!!). You haven't even run a race yet and some of you are acting like you might as well send your car to the junk yard. Give it a break!! Go out and race, see what happens and if there are serious problems, get involved in the process to change it!! Don't whine about how tough your life is!! Plus, you have no idea what it's like to drive an uncompetitve car. If you think your BMW is going to be a big loser all of the sudden, sell it and buy an RX7 (or whatever car you think will be whuppen' up on your uncompetitve BMW.....)

And lay off the the people who are trying to make positive changes. Your making this personal. Again, if you don't like what's going on, get involved in the process.

Again, this wasn't directed at all the BMW racers, just the constant complainers......

Duck and cover.........

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

[/b]
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

dj,

EXCELLENT post! Very classy!

DoubleD
    I won't be building an ITS car.

[/b]
    That's really too bad. Would love to see just how you would do.

dj,

EXCELLENT post! Very classy!

DoubleD
    That's really too bad. Would love to see just how you would do.
    [/b]

He would do GREAT. He is a very talented racer.

If you think your BMW is going to be a big loser all of the sudden, sell it and buy an RX7 (or whatever car you think will be whuppen' up on your uncompetitve BMW.....)

And lay off the the people who are trying to make positive changes. Your making this personal. Again, if you don't like what's going on, get involved in the process.

Again, this wasn't directed at all the BMW racers, just the constant complainers......

[/b]
    Gee, I bet half the current BMW drivers are people whose RX7 or 240Z was no longer competitive in a CLASS THAT DOESN'T GUARANTEE COMPETITIVENESS and so they went and bought a BMW. Now you want them to go buy an RX7.

I believe the common thread to those that are constant complainers is that they are loooosers. Same deal with the RR shocks. Can't win within the rules, gotta go change them.

Any change to a fixed set of rules is not a positive change, unless it involves safety, IMHO. People take a look at the class and the rules and decide whether or not to compete. You build a car and then a bunch of losers complain to change the rules. You want a level playing field then go race SRF. What are we going to do when Chet Wittel wins another ARRC with a SIR?

Now that I got that out of my system......
    katman

What are we going to do when Chet Wittel wins another ARRC with a SIR?

Now that I got that out of my system......
    [/b]
    Well, if you're asking me, I'll just smile that the cream has risen yet again....

It would make me happy though if a Z car and an RX-7 and maybe a Civic and an Integra all shared the lead for a lap or two in there...

Ooops..sorry...a Jensen and a Triumph too!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com