But...we have to undertsnad that this isn't all theory. This is a technology that has been in use for years by other organizations, and by the SCCA for more than a year. The sizing formula has been developed through actual testing and results. While not on an E36 specifically prior to the ruling, the data has shown that effectiveness does not change by application.

The data and history shows a 27mm SIR will provide 220chp - the only missing link is the application - and that is supposed to be moot.

We have two ITAC guys in the NE who wold love to validate dyno runs/SIR results, should anyone want us there. I doubt it, because it has just as much potential to make more hp than it does less.

AB
[/b]
AB, I ask you, where is the DATA? You keep telling there is data but, where is it? I want to see it and for it to pertain to MY BMW. I want to know if there is any limitations on my rpms & ECU. Are my shift points changing? Is a different geared differential needed?
Lets break down the costs that the CRB want us to absorb.
200.00 for new hose and air filter that will work.
400.00 We all know that this is for the SIR
$$$$.$$ 650 mile round trip to the Dyno & Home (only guy I trust)
$$$.$$ Taking at 2 days off from work.
ALL THIS TO MAKE YOUR CAR GO SLOWER!!!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!
You add this all up and honestly tell me that the SCCA or CRB shouldn't or couldn't come up with a better plan? Just tell me where the data is for my BMW? Moot to you, not to me and others.
FOR EVERY ACTION THERE IS A EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION
dj