Thread: VW jetta classification question

I have a 99.5 Jetta and after not being able to sell the car i was wondering if there is anyway i could simply race that car. The engine in the car is a 2.0 8v and its a 4 door sedan GL.

cause it would make my life alot easier if i could just build the car into a race car instead of having to continue to try and sell the car

thanks guys
    -CJ

I don't see a current classification for the 99.5+ 8v Jetta. You could always give a call to national and ask about classing. I would suggest selling the car, taking the money you can get for it and buying a build racecar. The MK4 is a pig and don't even know what the weights would be set at and if you would even want to race it.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Ya ive been trying to for awhile but a fellow racer recommended i try to get it as close to stock as possible to sell and do it that way which i think im going to do.

thanks
    CJ

If your not already racing, then you will benifit from buying a built and developed car. witht he MK4 your friend is right, part it back to stock and sell the car. Take all that money and put it into a car and tow vehical. I was going to build an MK2 golf for ITB, in the end it would have cost me over 10k and I would still have to develope the car. I found a great deal on a well built and partially developed car here for 2500. After buying a trailer and taking care of the cars needs to race I was on my way for under 5k total.

--
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

If I had to guess this car would probably be classed in ITC. That's where the New Bettle is classed and it's basically the same car with a different body. The MK4's just weight too much be and don't have enough HP to be classed anywhere else, it seems. Just food for thought.
    -Jon Quimbaya
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

yeah big fat pigs with no factory camber adjustments, even then the most you can get out of plates is -1.75 and you need about -3 to make the car handle.

The list goes on, I own one as a street car. I know all its lacking to be a good race car.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

I had requested that the Mk IV 2.0 Golf/Jetta be classed in IT a while back. I sent in the VTS info, but somehow, it got lost in cyberspace. I haven't had time to run it down again. If somebody wants to put it together, I'll be happy to forward it to Topeka, as part of my original request.

As far as where it lands, that remains to be seen. The Mk III 2.0 Golf/Jetta are in ITB, but the NB is in ITC. It will probably depend on how much can be pulled out of a Mk IV Golf/Jetta, to make weight.