Woody, I second Greg's recommendation. While not a Neon racer myself, I work with a couple, plus we service a couple more.

Murray's et al, are if not cheaper than the Dealership rebuild kits, are whithin a couple of bucks. Add in your labor to rebuild and then do the math.

The second gen Neons use the phenolic pistons, not sure if the 1st gens used them or if they are legal. We've seen problems with the phenolic pistons though. We've seen where the brakes get so hot that it will actually cause them to disintergrate(sc).

I'm sure Rabbit 07 will be chiming in soon. He's one of the ITA Neon racers I work with, and is much morer knowledgable on them than I.

Hope this helps,

George
[/b]
I did the rebuild - once. Been doing the parts store remans ever since. The phenolic piston will turn to chalk after too many/much heat cycles. As cheap insurance I carry a spare set of new calipers to the track (and rotors and pads) It's only a 10 minute job to replace the whole caliper. I make sure I check them after every session. Find yourself a pair of calipers at the junk yard to use as cores to use when you buy them. Then you can just replace as needed and use your heat chalked ones as cores for their replacements. I have heard of a metal piston version of the remans but no-one seems to carry it or be able to order it.