Just another point of view to look at, not necessaraly my opinion, but certainly a view I would look at when thinking about IT (SCCA) and its good/bad status and/or future.

Why has IT become so expensive to win??? Because arguably it is the best series for Road Racing in the US with exception to possibly the Speed Touring and GT series.. and possibly the Rolex series.

Why do I say this? look at actual class participation numbers and the competitiveness in those classes, its amaizing considering the veriety of years, makes and model cars. Also look at the real value of what you are getting... you are getting REAL racing just like someone spending millions in some other series that has FAR FAR less competition.

For whatever reason over the last decade IT has grown leaps and bounds and attracted wealthy "investors" who are willing to pay the extra buck to win because they feel that this IS the best series where they can actualy "race" wheel to wheel. I think that everyone here on this site as well as those who don't read "ImprovedTouring.com" but are part of making IT what it is, should be proud of what they "created."

I will also say though that I agree it is a bit of a bummer that it is getting so expensive, but unfortunatly it costs lots of money to push the edge, and the more rules we add sometimes the more expensive it will get... and remember you don't need some $6,000 IT motor to win, that gives you what? a few hp... and driving can certainly compensate for that!!!

Good Luck...

Raymond Blethen