Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcomer to ITA

Just wanted to introduce myself. Some of you know me from either Honda Tech or Honda Challenge. I raced H4 for two years and before that raced in SCCA for two season in SRF and my rookie season in Skip Barber. I already know many of you through HT (Kirk, Scott, Karl, Alex, Gregg G. and a few more I am sure).

I made the switch over to ITA this year and hope to post here more often and meet many of you.

Kind Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    2006 MARRS ITA Integra LS

2005 12 Hours at the Point ITA Champion
    2005 East Coast Honda Challenge H4 Champion
    2004 East Coast Honda Challenge H4 Champion

www.flatoutracing.net

Sweet. Where on the East Coast are you located? Maybe we will see you at LRP, Pocono or WGI?

I see that is the Nonnamaker car - and would assume it is a no-holds-barred effort. Does it have any mods that aren't IT legal? We are prepping two RSX's for GAC now and for sure some things we are doing that don't fly are:

Seam welding
    Adjustable/lightened cam gear
    Aftermarket flywheel
    Unlimited Engine Management
    Jacking point allowance
    etc...

Wish they were!!!!!

Congrats. Can't wait to see it in the NE should you get up here.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy,

I will be primarily running the MARRS series since I live 45 minutes from Summit, but also plan to make the Glen race in late July.

The car is one of three ex-Nonnamaker cars that ran in STII back in 02 and 03 and won the GAC title in 02 and 03. My car was the last one built. My teammates own the other two cars. They were under preped for H4 and ITA. In STII they could not run intakes, headers, or Hondata.

Most of the things you listed were illegal in STII except for the cam gears, which are illegal in both H4 and ITA.

The things legal in H4 that I will need to change for ITA is deleting the ABS, no lightweight flywheel, and putting things like the washer bottle back in.

Other than that it's ready to go for ITA. The sister car to mine won the 12 Hour race last year in ITA class and will be back this year to race again at the 12 Hour.

Are the two GAC RSX the same effort that Anthony Serra is preparing?

Hope to meet you at the Glen.

2005 12 Hours at the Point ITA Champion
    2005 East Coast Honda Challenge H4 Champion
    2004 East Coast Honda Challenge H4 Champion

www.flatoutracing.net

Easy Andy , let him get out on the track before you pounce, he is just a little nervous, that little jelly bean Mazda car surrounded by a bunch of overweight Acura's, when we run out of brakes we will just use your car to slow us down in the braking zones! Good to see another porky teg coming in, if you have any questions with rules crossover feel free to email me.
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

Andy,

I will be primarily running the MARRS series since I live 45 minutes from Summit, but also plan to make the Glen race in late July.

The car is one of three ex-Nonnamaker cars that ran in STII back in 02 and 03 and won the GAC title in 02 and 03. My car was the last one built. My teammates own the other two cars. They were under preped for H4 and ITA. In STII they could not run intakes, headers, or Hondata.

Most of the things you listed were illegal in STII except for the cam gears, which are illegal in both H4 and ITA.

The things legal in H4 that I will need to change for ITA is deleting the ABS, no lightweight flywheel, and putting things like the washer bottle back in.

Other than that it's ready to go for ITA. The sister car to mine won the 12 Hour race last year in ITA class and will be back this year to race again at the 12 Hour.

Are the two GAC RSX the same effort that Anthony Serra is preparing?

Hope to meet you at the Glen. [/b]
    You bet! Anthony is building his patented power as the cars are getting cages and paint now. Time is tight!

The car sounds awesome! Hit LRP if you can - great track for the Teg...

And Serrrrrrrrra - you can't use me for a brake if I ain't in front of those hp-monsters!!!! Didn't you say the brakes were ok if you just set them up right??? :P

I can't wait for April.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

Welcome (back) to the dark side, Jon. I'm looking forward to being door-to-door w/ you agan and I'll make sure you get to the grid on time. :P

I'm in the middle of planning our MARRS ITA/ITB pre-season party and you and the family'll be on the invite.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Hey Jon, welcome to ITA. You're a great addition and just in time because ITA is looking better than it ever did. Just don’t forget to bring the lead. Definitely if you need advice, Mr. Serra is your integra expert. Hope to see you again one day and good luck out there.

And yes, those little miatas better have a sturdy rear bumper.
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA

... Are the two GAC RSX the same effort that Anthony Serra is preparing? ...[/b]
    ...and now you know, as they say, "the rest of the story."

When Anthony told me that Andy et al. were going to partner with him on the GAC effort, I didn't know if that was supposed to be closely-held info. My default setting when someone tells me about racing plans is to keep my mouth shut unless given specific permission to do otherwise.

Andy - Jon is one of the drivers who got in touch with me in the weeks before you guys solidified the GAC plan, when we were brainstorming how the core of the PhilsTireService.com Team GTI enduro effort might collaborate with Anthony's shop.

I'll warn you ITA guys that Jon comes to the class ready to make an impact right out of the box. I've seen him run - though not had a chance to talk in any length with him in person - and can vouch for the fact that he's got the right balance of seriousness and attitude, that we're probably going to be talking about him in November. In a good way.

I'm sorry that we won't be able to run any long races with him (or Anthony, or Andy) but will watch their programs with interest...

K

I'll warn you ITA guys that Jon comes to the class ready to make an impact right out of the box. I've seen him run - though not had a chance to talk in any length with him in person - and can vouch for the fact that he's got the right balance of seriousness and attitude, that we're probably going to be talking about him in November. In a good way.

K
    [/b]
    ...and that is the best kind of racer to add to a competitive class!

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

When Anthony told me that Andy et al. were going to partner with him on the GAC effort, I didn't know if that was supposed to be closely-held info. My default setting when someone tells me about racing plans is to keep my mouth shut unless given specific permission to do otherwise.

[/b]
    Yup, it was awful quiet, so I didn't want to bring it up. But now that it's out.............

You know we'll be pulling for you guys! Of course, the better you guys do, the better we all look!!

Keep us up to date!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Yup, it was awful quiet, so I didn't want to bring it up. But now that it's out.............

You know we'll be pulling for you guys! Of course, the better you guys do, the better we all look!!

Keep us up to date! [/b]
    Shhhhh...at 2330, you are gonna get used as a brake too!

ITA in NER is gonna rock - plain and simple.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

Makes me really wish that I was converting my 1.8 Miata to ITA. I really think that it will be the car to have in ITA. I look foward to seeing what Andy can do with it this year.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

Makes me really wish that I was converting my 1.8 Miata to ITA. I really think that it will be the car to have in ITA. I look foward to seeing what Andy can do with it this year. [/b]
    ...like have YOU drive it at the Glen!

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

AB
    [/b]
    The Glen is one of my best tracks, just wish I had the lap record in that race last year. Are you afraid of Wendell?
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

Afraid? Let's just say I will be learning a lot from Serra this year...

Save some track time for the 1.8 at the 2006 Fun One!

AB

Andy Bettencourt

AB
    [/b]
    Say the word.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

I'll say the word...."Uncle."

Have you sold the car yet, Brett? I'd really love to see two 1.6's in the "new" ITA.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

I'll say the word...."Uncle."

Have you sold the car yet, Brett? I'd really love to see two 1.6's in the "new" ITA.
    [/b]

I have converted it back to a Spec Miata to sell.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

Again, welcome to ITA, Jon! Hopefully our paths will cross this season as I'm going to be trying to get away from Mid Ohio a couple of times this year. ITA in the NEDiv sounds like it's going to be a knock down, drag out fight all year and I wish I was in it. Seriously, if you guys all come out to a Glen weekend this year, I'm there.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Angry

Great - ANOTHER car in MARRS that will make me even slower (if that's possible)

Welcome back, Jon.
    Haz-Matt Racing