Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious about KA24DE classing.

ITA had a complete makeover...why not ITS as well? [/b]
    ITS had the same 'makeover' as ITA. There was just way more 'sore thumbs' sticking out in ITA that any class. Lot's of heavy cars and a few light ones.

The 240Z, the DOHC 240SX, the RX-7 and the Integra all fit inside the ITS performance envelope as currently classified.

The process is the SAME for everyone...

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Well I hope that wasn't an indication that I am not a proper engine builder...

Evan you missed one: http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=193077

Now while Chris is knocking out the best effort I know of right now it looks like almost 2 secs off the fast car in those results? I hope you all are not telling me that's acceptable. I understand and am glad the adjustments are not track performanced based.
    [/b]
    Hey Joe, I'll take you meant that with a jabjab,winkwink,nudgenudge, but in case you didn't, I certainly didn't mean to knock (pun intended) your engine building skills.

That being said, I was 2 seconds off a very fast SS RX7 at a recent track event. I had spanked 2+ year old Kuhmos (he had new Hoosiers) and I was shifting at 6K in the final stages of a break in.

With full sphericals, the right driver , top shelf suspension, the right setup, lots of testing, and $6K motor, they can be fast. The SS and Bimmerworld cars didn't happen overnight.