...coming out of the woodwork...

I have a '92 S13 with KA24DE that I built for ITS. I've had it at quite a few DE's getting it all sorted out, so I can hit the ground running. The car has an overbuilt cage, and at my weight of 170lbs, I was under 1650lbs total for the car and myself. With a properly stripped/built car, there should be no problem getting to minimum weight on the S13 in ITS...it's another story for the ITA cars.

I feel that running with well built Bimmers with good drivers it an unattainable goal, so the RX7 was my main target in building the car. The RX7 is 30lbs heavier and makes just under 180whp in most cases. Few would argue the RX7's competitiveness. 240sx is lighter, has similar drag numbers, similar weight distribution, similar CG, wheelbase and a better rear suspension design.

That being said, what is the general consensus on the amount of HP needed for the ITS 240sx cars to be competitive in the current ITS world?

My car still has 3-4 track days of development before I race it, but the times are real close to where they should be in ITS. I personally want to see the car stay where it is. The intake rule change and allowance of underdrive crank pulleys does a lot with this car…these rule changes did very little for the RX7’s.

Give me a couple more months of development, and I’ll talk again on this. *Hopefully* I won’t change my mind and just buy an ex-SS car. Or blow everything I own on a DSR.

Tim Breuer
[/b]

What change in the intake rule do you think will help this car? Joe and I have discussed this previously and see only minor gains at the most with the air intake. As for the underdrive pulleys, I would love to get all the info about these as this is one change that I have yet to make.