Request advice!

I have wired in my master switch (3 pole, single throw from Truesports). The only deviation from the diagram supplied with the switch is that instead of running a wire from the ignition switch to the MS and then to the coil, I ran a wire from the main output side of the MS, thru a single pole single throw switch to the MS and then to the coil.

The main pole of the MS is directly downstream from the positive battery and the output side ties back into the factory wiring harness.

Starting sequence - turn on MS, turn on fuel pump, turn on new ignition switch, turn on old ignition switch and turn to start position. Car starts, no problem.

Shut down sequence. turn old ignition switch off. Motor shuts off. Any other sequence does not shut off the engine!

When the engine is running and the MS is on, my voltage gauge shows a steady voltage. When the engine is running and the MS is off, the voltage gauge flutters slightly.

My thoughts are that the electrical system is getting current from the alternator, but I can't figure out how to isolate that circuit. I intend to bypass the factory start switch and wire in a lead from a start switch (single pole, momentary closed) to the wire that would normally be attached to the factory start switch.

Should not having to turn on the factory ingnition switch allow the MS to function properly?

Thanks.