Thread: IT rentals in Atlanta area?

All,

Hey. My name's Matt Gordon. I normally run Formula First up here in CenDiv but I have a lot of family/friends in the Atlanta area and I'd like to look at running the Feb. regional at Road Atlanta. I know the the open wheel run groups are very small in the SE, so I've been thinking about renting an IT car. I've been to a couple ARRCs as a spectator and IT racing reminded me of watching the IMSA Firehawk races when I was a kid, so it'd be cool to race an IT event.

I've been around RA through the Panoz school and some track events, so I'm not an RA newbie, but I am an IT rental newbie, for sure.

What IT rental places would you guys recommend? Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to know what kind of $$ it would take to put a rental deal together to race in front of family/friends in the area at my favorite track. :-) Thanks!

Matt

Give the guys over at OPM in Cumming a call (contact info should be available via Google). I don't know if they still rent cars, but if they don't they probably can point you toward the right people.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

OPM typically has IT and SM rentals available.

OPMautosports.com

You can also try RD Motorsports. They typically run 4 or 5 cars every weekend, and are starting to get into rentals.

chuckreynoldscarco.com

Both of these outfits run top-notch cars, some of which are ARRC winners and pole sitters, so don't expect it to be cheap.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

OPM's number is 770-886-8199, Tom and the guys are a first class outfit.
    Chad Z
    #46 ITA