Thread: What oil/gas ratio do your premix for First Gen RX

I have a first gen ITA-7 car for waterford with a 12A.

What ratio should I mix the gasil?
    Can I use Golden Spectro, which I use for all of my two strokes?

Originally posted by Ggerg1186@Jan 26 2006, 12:47 PM
    I have a first gen ITA-7 car for waterford with a 12A.

What ratio should I mix the gasil?
    Can I use Golden Spectro, which I use for all of my two strokes?
    [snapback]72329[/snapback]
    Greg, we have used Red Line 2 stroke racing oil. but are switching to this. http://www.rx7world.com/rx7/modules.php?na...prod&prodID=190
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I use 4 ounces in 5 gallons, with the OEM OMP still pumping in some too...

Yamalube 2 stroke is what I use to mix.
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion
    2006 PRO-IT IT-7 Champion

Greg, we ran Golden Spectro at 100:1. No problems, but if you want to be safer, run it at 80:1. That's what I started with. No idea what Green Dot's running it at or with.

George

I run 1 oz per gallon, roughly. What's that work out to in xxx:1 ?

Have run Valvoline 2 stroke and Redline 2 stroke with no perceptable difference.

El Verde Dot

I use Yamalube R two stroke oil. Mix 1 oz oil per gallon of gas or 1:128 A gallon is 128 oz. I could probably go to 4 oz per 5 gal which would be 1:160. I know a lot of guys that mix 4 oz of oil to 5 gallons of gas. Yamalube R burns clean so I have never had a problem with fouling plugs with oil at the higher oil to gas ratio. Oil injection is operational.

Have I been getting this all wrong?

I run 1oz/1gal, Lucas semi-synthetic 2 stroke. Nary a problem on either of the 2 that run with no OMP or the one that does.

Also run Mobil 1 usually 50 or 40, whatever Wal-Mart has, in the case. Burns nice and clean, I've taken apart a couple that ran on synthetic for a season (one did a season + 6 hour enduro all on synthetic, looked as clean as when I put it together).
    RX-7 & Miata Parts, Rentals, etc.
    www.taylorrotorsports.com

1 oz pergallon Valvoline 2 stroke...
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Idemitsu. Its designed specifically for racing rotory engines by a large Japanese oil company. At 1/2 oz per gal ratio and only $4.75 a quart, this stuff ends up costing a fraction of other pre-mixes. I've been using it for over a year now. Also available at MazdaTrix.
    Never underestimate a man that owns a Sawzall and a welder.

Klotz R50 at 80:1 and no OMP
    Tom Sprecher

I have an 89 RX-7 NA with no OMP that I am building for ITS use but have been using for the past couple of years in HPDEs. I started out using Amsoil 100:1 premix but got tired of the cost so I started looking for alternatives. I am now using any 2-cycle TCW-3 80:1 or 100:1 that is cheapest at my local auto parts store. I can get a gallon for a little more than what I used to pay for a quart of Amsoil. I don't wish to start a debate about the benefits of synthetic vs. dyno (I use synthetic in all of my other pistoned vehicles), but my question is can't we pretty much use any 2-cycle 80:1 oil that is TCW-3 rated?

Thanks,

jason

Jason,
    I'd agree. Any "ashless" TCW-3 oil should suffice. The key being ashless. This discussion was had regarding premix for FD track cars a few years ago when asked about Pettit Racing's Premix oil which turns out is Klotz 2 stroke oil.
    Regards,
    Crispy