Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: adding weight

You'd also need to pit a long way from us! We're good friends and all, but that's pushing it. Friends don't let friends drive in technicolor.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

hahaha, after all that trouble you HAVE to use an open to transport it. Just make sure the trailer has the classic nekked woman spash gaurds.

--
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Evan, relax, stick with the Teg, go to the ARRCs, have fun....

IF you are the fastest Teg, AND you get your butt whipped, then you might have a point, but seriously, read what Kevin said. You're going to be fine.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey, if it&#39;ll make you feel any better, Anthony Serra and I are coordinating meeting at his dyno shop and running both my car and his DC3 back-to-back. He&#39;s not convinced that my car has the almighty-power that everyone is concerned about; he just thinks I&#39;m nuts...(Hey, wait a sec...! <_< )

We&#39;ll put this to bed soon... - GA

How much are tickets to come watch that?!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Originally posted by GregAmy@Jan 26 2006, 08:47 PM
    Hey, if it&#39;ll make you feel any better, Anthony Serra and I are coordinating meeting at his dyno shop and running both my car and his DC3 back-to-back. He&#39;s not convinced that my car has the almighty-power that everyone is concerned about; he just thinks I&#39;m nuts...(Hey, wait a sec...! <_< )

We&#39;ll put this to bed soon... - GA
    [snapback]72375[/snapback]
    Hey that&#39;s awesome. And Greg, as much as I respect your 2.0L motor and what it can do, imo it&#39;s the underdog in this test against this particular car. I hope you beat it in torque at least. And btw you&#39;re going up against this work of art.

I want a ticket too!
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA

I predict the torque will be a draw...Greg will have just a slight edge there. But the HP will be over 150.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Greg, is that the same car he had at the ARRC?
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Originally posted by Hracer+Jan 26 2006, 05:39 PM-->
    ...imo it&#39;s the underdog in this test against this particular car.[/b]
    Of that I have no doubt. But, his car is the class of the field, and as much as we mandate that BMW drivers fully-prep their cars before griping about not winning, so it goes for us. With this demonstration you guys will have clear benchmarks against which to judge your potential.

<!--QuoteBegin-zracre

Greg, is that the same car he had at the ARRC?
    Yes, #98, the black, silver, and orange one. - GA

I don&#39;t think I want to know how much more power he&#39;s getting than me. Rumor had it that his old second gen Integra was putting down 150whp. I find that kind of hard to believe but I don&#39;t know, if money wasn&#39;t an option and I had my own dyno, I might be able to do it. Might!

I predict that you&#39;ll have more torque and the power numbers will be pretty equal. What do I win if I&#39;m right?

Actually Greg, I have to believe that you know exactly what your car&#39;s putting down, don&#39;t you?
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

In the Feb 2006 issue of GRM, they take a high mileage SER and bolt on some stuff...ebay intake, nice header a high flow cat and a cat back and get 135.62 hp and 123.31 lb ft....my integra before the rebuild (havent dynoed the final product yet...waiting for parts still) made 135.99 hp at 6500rpm and 127.94 lb ft at 5200rpm (dyno run done on day of ARRC test day). I have a not so good header but the head was rebuilt so I think my numbers should be pretty typical of a stock motor in IT trim before major stuff is done (the motor had 68k on it). I think your numbers should be right on his and maybe alittle more...147 demonstratable...what were the torque numbers? the GRM car seemed down but it is an over 100k motor
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Jan 26 2006, 10:54 PM
    Actually Greg, I have to believe that you know exactly what your car&#39;s putting down, don&#39;t you?
    [snapback]72443[/snapback]
    We pulled 147 the weekend after we returned from Atlanta. That&#39;s on a full-tilt-boogie built IT motor, brand new cams and rockers, etc.

The problem is that dyno numbers are like...navels...everybody&#39;s got a different one. The numbers you get are perfectly fine for you on that day, but hardly count as ISO standards. Further, I believe Serra uses a DynoJet and I use a DynaPack: the former drives off the tires, infers the horsepower from rate of acceleration and backwards-calcs the torque; the latter bolts to the hub, limits the rate of acceleration (and can actually hold it to a specified RPM), measures torque directly, and calculates horsepower (as is done on an engine dyno). So, same way, same day is the only real way to do direct dyno horsepower comparisons...

Evan, I don&#39;t remember exactly, but I seem to recall I got 147hp at 6800 rpm (and it falls off precipitously after that) and 138 tq around mid-4000s... - GA

I also used the Dynapack for my test. really cool set up. 138 ft lbs? you will do well against Serra on the Dyno...the B18 has a hard time with the torque thing...and if you can pull the same number...awesome I hope Serra fixed his car since the ARRC...his new car broke (only time I ever saw it) but damn it was a nice looking machine!! maybe just teething problems.
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

I will also get my results up (dynojet) for my 1.8 Miata build with full programmable ecu. Greg will probably get a call from the dyno, but they will make it here soon after!

AB

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I will post mine after the Hondata s300 and header upgrade...im hoping for north of 145 and at least 130 tq...the old numbers were good for 1:44:1 at RA with a stock gear...weight added and new gear+power+new springs+OPM LSD and konis, I hope to better it alittle
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

Originally posted by GregAmy@Jan 27 2006, 08:07 AM
    Evan, I don&#39;t remember exactly, but I seem to recall I got 147hp at 6800 rpm (and it falls off precipitously after that) and 138 tq around mid-4000s... - GA
    [snapback]72462[/snapback]
    138 torque? Thought you&#39;d get a little more. I guess my truck motor is good for something afterall .

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

I am guessing Serra will be in the 134 range for tq, and over 150 for power.

he pulled out of the ARRCs due to the machine gun rock blasts he suffered during the opening lap(s)...I think 4 holes in the windsheild and one in the radiator.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Ihe pulled out of the ARRCs due to the machine gun rock blasts he suffered during the opening lap(s)...I think 4 holes in the windsheild and one in the radiator.
    [/b]
    Yea, he was right behind me when that showering occured. I had a perfectly good windshield before that race, but by the end it was chipped in at least 6 spots and cracked twice. My whole front end could use a repaint now too but hey, it&#39;s a racecar, not a show car! :P
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I had a perfectly good windshield before that race, but by the end it was chipped in at least 6 spots and cracked twice...[/b]
    Ditto...

Personally, I blame that damn NX2000. :P

Actually, I think it was Joey that ran off the outside of 5 on lap one and showered everyone behind him. I should send him the bill.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX