Originally posted by Tristan Smith@Jan 25 2006, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know what a cool suit system (loaded with water and ice) weights? Since I need to add a few pounds I might as well get something out of it.
[snapback]72133[/snapback]
Not a bad idea. I may have to consider that as well. I've got a fuel cell, so can't add a spare tire. I already have a fire system, but I'd say it only weighs a whopping 15 lbs max anyways. I'll have to read the cage rules to see what can be done on it. The car is almost perfectly corner weighted with the spring perches at the same height and me in the drivers seat so bolting weight to the passenger floor is going to blow. That's probably what I'll have to do in the short term though. I'll have to say that this does suck for people who spent the time and effort to get their cars down to min weight (or bought a car at min weight like me).

As to fast cars that aren't currently at min weight, I guess they won't be any slower. If the car's at the front, but not at min weight, then making its min weight higher won't do anything to slow it down. I don't if any cars fit that description, just making an observation.

David