Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Jan 24 2006, 08:53 PM
Doesn't matter where I have been Applebees is always a favorite stop. Portlands trak food sucks. We normally have good food in the motorhome and Deb does a great job keeping everyone full of food.
[snapback]71996[/snapback]

Damn Joe, that track food must really suck if it'll make you eat Applebees! I'd sooner go to McDonalds!

Jake's right, the track food at Pocono is only slightly better than used speedy-dry. Notice I said 'slightly'! :119:

Since I'm such a cheap bastard, I usually bring my own food, and eat at the track. Since we most times have 3-4 cars paddocking together, as well as friends/crew, we set up a little 'village'. One of two of the tents are dedicated to covering the eating area. The Dietz & Watson natural casing griddle franks that I bring are always a big hit. Make the best chili dogs!!!

I will admit though, it's nice to go out for a 'sit-down' meal. One of my favorite places to eat is in Watkins Glen. It's called the Wildflower, and it's right in the heard of downtown. Nice place, good food, not too expensive. Another cool place is the Seneca Lodge. There's supposed to be a good BBQ place in Burdett, called Smoke'n Bones, but I've never been there. If you go in for the winery thing, the Glenora winery is hard to beat, and their chardonay is pretty damn good!

Since I consider myself a pretty damn good cajun cook, I've got to make it to the ARRC and try this legendary gumbo!