Thread: Race Credit Change for this Year

I'm sure everyone everone has received their new GCR and have already read it cover to cover - Right???
    Well, I noticed there is a big black bar ( indicating a change from last year) by the defination of Credit for One Race per Event - Seciton 5.3.1 page GCR-26. I interpet that this means when we attend a 3 race event like the upcoming Road Atlanta ECR/SAARC/Pro It in June where we used to receive credits for three races if we entered all three events, now we only get credit for one race if all three fall under one sanction number.
    Am i interpeting this correctly or will there be seperate sanction nmbers for each race???

Mark
    #54 ITS
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS

Mark,

I'm pretty sure that it's always been "one sanction number, one race"

I'm not sure that is a change. I thought the requirement for renewal had always included separate sanction numbers. A double weekend has 2 sanction numbers.
    Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ

Each race will have its own number. You might well have trouble finding the sanction numbers listed for the ECRs, however - I know that I couldn't locate them in any results, etc. when filling out my license renewal this year.

K

That's something I hadn't thought about. Out of the 11 races I ran last year, I can only find four sanction numbers...an oversight that won't happen next year. I've always used two races run in one weekend as two races, but that may not be allowable this year if there is only one sanction number.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by wpspeedracer@Jan 24 2006, 07:08 PM
    Well, I noticed there is a big black bar ( indicating a change from last year) by the defination of Credit for One Race per Event - Seciton 5.3.1 page GCR-26.
    Dunno why the change bar, 5.3.1 has not changed from '05.

I interpet that this means when we attend a 3 race event like the upcoming Road Atlanta ECR/SAARC/Pro It in June where we used to receive credits for three races if we entered all three events, now we only get credit for one race if all three fall under one sanction number.
    [snapback]71976[/snapback]
    If there is only one sanction number then you only get one credit. The advantage to the Region is that sanction fees and insurance is paid per sanction so the cost goes up when they have multiple sanctions. This is why the May race at TWS has "qualifying" and "feature" races, it's all one sanction.

Originally posted by Jack Marr@Jan 24 2006, 08:50 PM
    If there is only one sanction number then you only get one credit. The advantage to the Region is that sanction fees and insurance is paid per sanction so the cost goes up when they have multiple sanctions. This is why the May race at TWS has "qualifying" and "feature" races, it's all one sanction.
    [snapback]72013[/snapback]

Jack how is that anb advantage to the guys paying the bill. I enter 2 different classes in the same weekend and it's only gonna count as one? I thik that's not a good plan. I am paying the same money and the results needs to be the same.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

If you enter 2 races in the same weekend (different classes) then that is 2 races. If you race twice in one weekend in the same class under one sanction number you should only have to enter once.

Your renewal form has a spot for class of car and sanction number of the event.
    Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ

[quote]
    I didn't understand the change bar either.....
    I know that a SAARC and a Regional under one sanction number the same weekend is just one race....just didn't understand what they are doing.

Mark
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS

Originally posted by pgipson@Jan 25 2006, 04:13 AM
    If you race twice in one weekend
    it makes it indeed 2 races.

Or is it considered 1 enduro race with an overnight mandatory pitstop?
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA

Yeah, why shouldn't I get credit for all the actual races that I classify as a finisher? If I qualify, race and finish 3 races in a single weekend, I should get credit for 3 races. Why do I care that they have (or don't have) a single sanction number? Do I get only 1 trophy if I win all 3? Do I get points for only 1? I know I paid for running in all 3!!
    This sounds like some idea born in Accounting!
    Ony Anglade
    ITA Miata
    Roswell, GA

I can't explain the rationale for the race credits, but it almost burned me this year.

I usually do the minimum of races to keep my license until my own project is completed, and that might include a regional/ECR weekend. Well in the past, the ECRs have had separate sanction numbers than the regional, but not this year. CFR's Labor Day Regional/ECR had only one sanction number. So even though I ran a sprint race and the ECR, I could only take credit for 1 race.

Luckily, I was able to do another race this year and complete my license requirements. I guess I'll pay better attention in '06.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

This rule has not changed. However I think that the regions found that they could save expenses by applying one sanction number to multiple race events, and end up with more money. National has gone along with this. The loser? You and I the racer/driver. Eventually it will come back to haunt the local region. Drivers that need races to fill their requirements will no longer race multiple races under one sanction number. The total number of registrants will deminish. The local regions will schedule fewer multiple events (due to lack of participation), and thus recieve less revenue. EVERYBODY looses.

Just a thought
    Chuck

The regions have a choice if they want to do two sanctions or one for a double event. there is a cost for the second santion but there is no additional cost for the insurance as it covers up to three days even with mutiple sanctions. my memory is that a additional is only like $250 although I know the prices are going up. not a lot of money. by the way participant insurance is something like $30 per car but as I said it covers 3 days as long as it is the same car/driver combination.

most likely the local organizer is trying to save the extra sanction fee and does no relize the effect this is having on licence renewals. ask them to reconsidor.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

most likely the local organizer is trying to save the extra sanction fee and does no relize the effect this is having on licence renewals. ask them to reconsidor.
    [/b]
    The flip side to that is the regions know how it affects the racers, but do it anyway.

Think about it, some racers will have to run an extra weekend, which generates additional revenue. And the region saves an additional fee for the extra sanction number, which saves revenue.

Not saying that it's happening, just that it could be.

I know that relatively few racers are affected, since a great majority run more than 2 weekends. But until my current situation changes or evolves, I am affected by it so I get to be a loud mouth!!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

I am affected by it so I get to be a loud mouth!!
    [/b]
    Well I hope at least Chris you are loud to the people in you region who actually make the decision

never atribute to evil what can easily be explained by stupidity (or in this case maybe ignorance)
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7