Thread: Family in racing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just to emfasize the TEAM effort vs. when the green flag drops it all for one... We don't treat it as the "all for one" way, and because of this I think that it has been very successful TEAM venture. If you both have the expectations of winning someone will get upset/disapointed at every race, and as a result I would suspect you will have a few bad days.

Raymond "I can remember after one of my brothers victory's jumping out of my car on pit lane to go ride with him... We put a lot of effort into his car for that victory and it ment a lot to both of us... I think I finished in the top 5 also, but that didn't matter much" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

[quote]
    Just to emfasize the TEAM effort vs. when the green flag drops it all for one...

Raymond said it all in a way I never could have said. This is exactly what I have seen in the boys (yes, to this OLD lady, you will always be "boys") since, well, since birth. They have always learned from one another from the get go and did everything pretty much as a team effort. But then again, both Ray and I encouraged that behavior from the get go and we (I think I can speak for Ray as well on this one) are proud to say that Raymond and Stephen learned well from everyone they met along the way. And yes, the crew that they have (who,incidently, have been with the family from the get go in racing) are family to all of us. They ARE an integral part of the team.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......