Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So where's the March FasTrack?

Ok, don't throw anything at me but what keeps my Isaac from meeting SFI 38.1?? I'm assuming the concern is the "implied" single point of release in Section 2.5. If that's it, then my Isaac passes. That section indicates that "... no additional motion is required, other than the release of the seat belts, to disengage the Head and Neck Restraint System...." The only thing that is needed to disengage my Isaac is the release of the seat belts "from the Isaac". Section 2.5 doesn't define the method needed to "release the seat belts". In my case I have to remove a ring and a shaft from each shock to remove the shock from the shoulder belt. Nor does Secton 2.5 define what we are "releasing the belts from". I think we've all been assuming that it means releasing the belts from the driver but it doesn't state that. Therefore I feel free to assume that it means releasing the belts from the Head and Neck Restraint System. I think we've been reading too much into SFI 38.1. Any thoughts??
    Scott Gallimore
    worker, nat comp license, IT-7 driver,
    North Carolina Region Board of Directors, Member at Large

My thought is that if Isaac believed that they met the 38.1 spec in full they would have done all the tests and submitted for licensing to be able to label it as certified by the manufacturer to meet 38.1.

Isaac has said they don't meet the section 2.5 single release requirement, I take them at their word. This is not one we can haggle about on here - I expect the language to be that the label is present not that it meets the requirements in the user's interpretation.
    Ed.