Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So where's the March FasTrack?

The SCCA website says no later than the 20th of the month, unless otherwise noted. I didn't see anything about a delay for the March FasTrack.

I believe that without the need to publish in sportscar they don't need the 45 day lead time and instead will probably publish the FT the 20th before the month. With that I think the Feb Addendum was to fill in the gap till 2/20 when the March FT is published and the printed copies are mailed out at the same time. Just my take on the new way of publishing FT.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

James,

Except that even prior to eliminating the print version, the e-version was usually available ~ the 20th of the penultimate month (e.g. Feb, '06 FasTrack was up ~ 12/20/05).

Correct, but I believe that correlated with the production of the Sportscar Magazine. Having worked in printing and binding involving monthly magazines thats the normal lead time. Now your talking about a small mailer to a much smaller group which does not take as much printing and binding time to get out the door which is why I believe the addendum was the fill the gap and the next FT wont be out till mid feb.

Again its pure speculation on my part and I admit it. I would have been more surprised if we didnt see a the adendum and the march FT.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Correct, but I believe that correlated with the production of the Sportscar Magazine. Having worked in printing and binding involving monthly magazines thats the normal lead time. Now your talking about a small mailer to a much smaller group which does not take as much printing and binding time to get out the door which is why I believe the addendum was the fill the gap and the next FT wont be out till mid feb.

Again its pure speculation on my part and I admit it. I would have been more surprised if we didnt see a the adendum and the march FT.
    [/b]
    Bummer. It would be nice to have that month lead time back on any changes allowed/required.

Chris
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I hope they don't set effective dates that soon, in most cases they do not. I was actually shocked on the limited time the addendum gave the BMW owners to install the SIR.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

I hope they don't set effective dates that soon, in most cases they do not. I was actually shocked on the limited time the addendum gave the BMW owners to install the SIR.
    [/b]

Actually, the do. Most things are effective the 1st day of the month of the FasTrack issue, unless otherwise noted. I do agree, the BMW guys didn't get very much time.

Bueller?
    Ed.

20th is monday, even if its a holiday for some.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

and?!?!?! Nada.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

They did modify the website to say that the changes, unless otherwise noted, would go into effect on the first of the month. They also say that the current issue of FasTrack would be published no later than the 20th of the previous month.

And today is???????????? Oh, that's right. They are at least an hour behind us on the East Coast.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

--
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

So far I find this the most interesting.

Item 17. Effective 11/1/06: Add new section 11 to section 20 as follows:
    11. Head and Neck Restraint
    The use of a head and neck restraint device is highly recommended. All head and neck restraint devices must be certified by the SFI Foundation
    and bear the SFI 38.1 label.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

That's unfortunate, if approved. It will cause a lot of folks, myself included, who are currently using some form of HNRs to use absolutely nothing...

I agree if the equipment is not mandatory don't restrict to a standard that was developed in such questionable circumstances as 38.1.

I fail to see the benefit of a rule that will result in me not using a safety restraint when I have one.
    Ed.

I'm going to email and explain that my safety deposit box will contain a copy of that rule, for the use of my estate executors in the suit. The insanity of prohibiting use of a piece of safety equipment is amazing.

K

Many interesting IT items of note:

- RallyCross rules (yawn!)
    - Minimum impound inspection to do weight plus two additional items
    - Recommendation of right side restraint net (something I've considered doing anyway)
    - Snell SA2000 or later verified
    - Require window nets to fall down rather that flip up
    - HNR recommended, but if used must be SFI (bad bull...)
    - New car classifications
    - A bunch of you rat bastards sending in requests (for once I'm not listed...)
    - Change to GCR definition of bushing
    - Change to IT suspension bushing rules to allow spherical bearings
    - Spec clarifications

That is actually a huge shame - no H&N restraint may be used at all.

SFI Foundation does not certify anything and explcitly states such in their licensing.

Manufacturers certify their equipment's compliance with an SFI standard. As written SCCA just negated the use of any H&N restraint.
    Ed.

I guess we all know what a bushing is now. Also interesting that soebody asked for a .040 piston for the Bimmer..
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com